News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

old DC.com versus new DC.com

Started by CB, May 22, 2006, 01:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

To me it looks like the new DC.com board is much more dynamic then the old dead and buried DC.com.
Any thoughts?
I see a lot of new members (welcome by the way) and lots of new input.
And lots of posts :)
Thanks T for the effort you put into it!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RD

hmmmmm.... i definitely see a little more camaraderie i believe... but of course, even in forums, we socialize in cliques.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

Maybe it's because every other thread is not an angry rant about the last board's founder. :shruggy:

69_500

I prefer the new board 10 times over the old. For one its here everyday when I try to get on.

Hey, CB just curious but what is the deal with the Thai flag in the avitar? You like Thailand that much? I lived there for 8 years but I still fly an American flag at my house.

Ponch ®

so whos still waiting for their t-shirts? ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: RD on May 22, 2006, 04:23:26 PM
hmmmmm.... i definitely see a little more camaraderie i believe... but of course, even in forums, we socialize in cliques.

You read some of the Aero threads? Sometimes it looks like Troy needs mace & water hoses in there to calm them down.  :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Darkness

We need more HPLAG bashing threads.  :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

There's not quite as many members as old on old one. Also I liked to have members rides on old one and proven hp combos. I guess this site will be much better eventually, it takes time
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CB

69_500 :  it's because I have a thai partner, that's all :)

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

andy74

it seems to me that every one is calmer here,and it is nice that the site is always here,not hit or miss

Goldfinger71

I agree with everyone above,HOWEVER I do miss the Charger member's galleries that were broken down by year!It was very easy to navigate through.If you wanted to look at a particular year you would just click on the year you wanted to see!..And presto! :yesnod:
Other than that this site is great! :icon_smile_cool:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Arthu®

Quote from: Ponch on May 22, 2006, 08:19:49 PM
so whos still waiting for their t-shirts? ;D

:smilielol: sorry I can see how that's funny
Striving for world domination since 1986

Ponch ®

Quote from: CB on May 23, 2006, 12:25:13 AM

Partner? as in faegola? a finocc?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

RD

Quote from: Ponch on May 23, 2006, 02:19:23 PM

Ponch, wtf are you talking about?  is that some foreign language you are speaking there?  ???
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ponch ®

Quote from: RD on May 23, 2006, 04:02:36 PM
Quote from: Ponch on May 23, 2006, 02:19:23 PM

is that some foreign language you are speaking there?  ???

as a matter of fact it is.

Chris G.

Like the new site much better. If we get a face lift around here, it will look amazing.

I don't know what needs to go first... The Runningman threads that have been permanently stickied, the "Simple Machines Forum" logo that just looks odd, or Silve....err sorry, I was just thinking out loud.  :P  :icon_smile_wink:

ps- I also think Geno should get full Moderation privelage. It can't be just Chris alone 'ya know.  :nana:

pss- Nice job Troy, keep up the excellent work.  :thumbs:

px3-

mustanghater

I like the new site a lot better then the old one. But It still feels the same because its the same people just a new place. I can't wait until the new layout is installed.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

BigBlockSam

QuoteYou read some of the Aero threads? Sometimes it looks like Troy needs mace & water hoses in there to calm them down. 

trader.  ;)
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Neal_J

Great Members + Site is Stable as a Rock AND...less Charger Bill = Damn Near Ideal!!!

:P

Thanks Troy

Neal

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Neal_J on May 23, 2006, 06:37:46 PM
Great Members + Site is Stable as a Rock AND...less Charger Bill = Damn Near Ideal!!!

:P

Thanks Troy

Neal

Damn bro, tell us how you really feel.

I think Ponch (mojo) has been watching too many episodes of the Sopranos :rotz:

As far as asthetics go the new site wins hands down.  As far as members go I'd say its about the same.  All a bunch of great gear heads.

I agree the site is due for the new make over......Troy??  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

I love the new site. It is missing some features, but man, notice how reliable it is? Remember with the old board every couple of months the board would go down for a few days? Come back and all the info was lost? Or how about once more than 20 people were on the site would slow down to a crawl and time your computer out? A great feature is the built in picture hosting. That mikes life easier for most of you without host or Photobucket accounts. This board is far superior.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 23, 2006, 06:58:28 PM

I think Ponch (mojo) has been watching too many episodes of the Sopranos :rotz:

:yesnod:  :thumbs:

rare69

the new site is far better than the old, no contest!

Old Moparz

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 23, 2006, 05:37:36 PM
QuoteYou read some of the Aero threads? Sometimes it looks like Troy needs mace & water hoses in there to calm them down. 

trader.  ;)

:icon_smile_big:   Are you serious?  I saw more posts in the aero forum get locked over which is better, metal or fiberglass, than when all the replublicrats would have catfights over here.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BigBlockSam

yea, it's been a little less bitchy over there lately. wonder............... why ...................some people..........are.......missing................ :hah:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img