News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Random "Why would someone do this" post

Started by AKcharger, December 04, 2020, 09:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cp-chargr/6

If the car had originally a vinyl top, and the roof was already full of "vents" (another description for "swiss cheese")... that was an option. Still, the builder liked the convertible idea (from his posts in the link posted by XH29N0G, when he mentions seeing another B-body convertible being transformed into a Charger, and not liking it, wanting to go ahead with his view).

And yes, it is a taste thing, so it is personal. I prefer my cars original.

chargervert

When I built my car,I didn't care what anyone else thinks,I built it for myself. When i am out cruising with the roof down,what anyone else thinks of the car is the farthest thing from my mind! I have all the amenitees of a Charger,with all the cool of a convertible. I have 7 other Chargers with roofs to look at! One has a factory sunroof,one has a flush rear window,and the other 5 have the standard buttress roof,so having the convertible is something different to look at and enjoy for me.

AKcharger

Thanks for digging that thread up XH29. I Noticed in 2010 the '70 R/T door thing isn't there and it looks WAY better. well perhaps in the past decade someone butchered up the dash?  :scratchchin:

darbgnik

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 05, 2020, 04:37:03 PM
I will never refer to the door panels as "Door Cards" !  :nana:

Hahaha. Up here north of the border, the Queens english still survives somewhat. Where I grew up, hood and bonnet were used interchangeably.  :shruggy:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html