News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mustang Bullitt Doubt

Started by JMF, December 25, 2020, 01:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the 68 mustang that sold at auction recently being the actual one ? I know there was 2 , but this one that went to the Barrett Jackson auction I know has the supposed correct vin but the dents don't match up for me , I just spent Christmas morning matching up the dents in the car chase to the ones in the Barrett Jackson auction and it looks like they don't match up ???

JT01

it sold at the mecum auction not BJ

A383Wing

for $3.4 million....it was documented as the real car

watching the repeat of the Mecum auction right now

Mike DC

Some well-connected people in the Mustang world had always kept track of the car.  They always openly said it still existed.  But the family that owned it had wanted to stay anonymous so the car was never in the press until recently.  The family finally decided to sell it.  

As for dents, it may have gotten repair work after the movie.  IIRC at least two owners used it as a regular street car in the 1970s.  The 'mismatched' damage might just be newer dings that it got after the movie from daily use.