News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Damn this looks good (B7 '69 R/T)...

Started by Charger Aficionado, May 18, 2006, 11:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I am going to do my keeper in B7 no matter what.  This is GORGOUS.  You know those threads about how would you order it?  I'd do this then 3X black...  DAMN.  This baby is on eBay right now...  4-speed to BOOT.  I bet she goes over 30k...

700HPCharger

nakita7

Sorry, doesn't do a thing for me. Don't like blue on Mopars. Just 2 cents worth...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

Car is coded for B5 which this color looks more like.

B7 is much darker than that.  Closer to Carl's car in your sig pic (his is Patriot Blue)

This car is nice although a lot was changed/added to the car....should have kept the blue interior :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

bill440rt

Now THAT is B7 blue. Chris, whose '70 is that??? I'm having trouble controlling the drool.  :drool5: :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

tan top

nice looking B5 charger R/T. real nice :scope: B7 70 charger R/T also :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Chris G.

Quote from: bill440rt on May 19, 2006, 08:02:29 AM
Now THAT is B7 blue. Chris, whose '70 is that??? I'm having trouble controlling the drool.  :drool5: :drool5:

He registered a while back, but not sure if he is on the boards? That is one sweet car. That M25 sill moulding option looks nice with that color. There's a few B7 cars on the '70 site under the pictures page. No link for you'se. Go find it and give the site some hits. :icon_smile_wink:

Charger Aficionado

Hmmmmm...  The auction is down allready, but his codes said B7...  Is there a B7 interior???  I thought there was only B5 interior?  Of course it's probably off from the paint shop, but it is a B7 coded car...  The photos suck, but look somewhere in between...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4641891573
                          R11  V1W  V88 26 end                 

G33  N51  L31 M21 M31 N85     

AO1  A36  B51  C16  C55  G11         

B5  C6D  B7 A29   187419     

E86  D32  XS29L9B  192612   

Here is a  Coronet R/T in B7 (and it looks NOTHING like that '70):

COMPARE:

A testiment to how rare this color is;  There is only 13 on the '69 Charger Registry...  Who has seen it in person before? 

Chris G.

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on May 19, 2006, 12:13:16 PM
Hmmmmm...  The auction is down allready, but his codes said B7...  Is there a B7 interior???  I thought there was only B5 interior?  Of course it's probably off from the paint shop, but it is a B7 coded car...  The photos suck, but look somewhere in between...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4641891573
                          R11  V1W  V88 26 end                 

G33  N51  L31 M21 M31 N85     

AO1  A36  B51  C16  C55  G11         

B5  C6D  B7 A29   187419     
                          E86  D32  XS29L9B  192612   

'Ya know, for a Charger Aficionado, you're not much of an...Aficionado. (kidding Jude) ;) The B7 you think is the body color, is the upper door pad color. The '69 B5 (C6D) interiors had B7 upper door pads, which is why you see it on that tag. No credit card info needed...this one was a freebie.  :icon_smile_wink: ;D

The Coronet you posted looks alot like the '70, but just in different light.

Charger Aficionado

Hmmmmm...  Why I had Chris decode my fendertag :)  I've seen B5 a billion times, and those pix just throw you...  Now I've seen plenty of B5 Blue cars with B5 in both slots...  Are there B5 upper door pads???  I NEVER knew that B5 interiors had ANYTHING B7...  I know how they usually list the colors on the tag, but I've seen crap backwards before too...  This wouldn't be the first time...  I recall you being able to spot a fake tag at first glance, I guess you earn the title "Fender Tag Bubba"...  I remeber seeing the SAME tag and not even looking for authenticity, but second glance it was ALL wrong...  I think that was that bogus '70 500 S.E.

Like a Cigar Aficionado, I smoke 'em but only know some about how they are put together at the factory...   8)  I'll leave that up to you :)

Chris G.

C.A., In 1970 (the only true year for Chargers), B5 upper door pads were the only blue available. Now on '70 RR's and possibly Coronets, you could get some B7 interior items. I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing that you could get either B7 or B5 pads in 1969?

Fake '70 tags are getting easier to spot, especially as the registry grows. We have quite a few repop or fake tags documented already. In '69 it might be a little tougher as they were built at 2 plants. Anyway, after all is said and done, that car you posted would look killer blue on blue...even if it's a '69.  :icon_smile_wink:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on May 19, 2006, 01:56:26 PM
Hmmmmm... Why I had Chris decode my fendertag :) I've seen B5 a billion times, and those pix just throw you... Now I've seen plenty of B5 Blue cars with B5 in both slots... Are there B5 upper door pads??? I NEVER knew that B5 interiors had ANYTHING B7... I know how they usually list the colors on the tag, but I've seen crap backwards before too... This wouldn't be the first time... I recall you being able to spot a fake tag at first glance, I guess you earn the title "Fender Tag Bubba"... I remeber seeing the SAME tag and not even looking for authenticity, but second glance it was ALL wrong... I think that was that bogus '70 500 S.E.

Like a Cigar Aficionado, I smoke 'em but only know some about how they are put together at the factory... 8) I'll leave that up to you :)

You might be "seeing B5 in both spots" because cars that were optioned to NOT have a vinyl roof had the exterior color stamped in the tag.
The exception is the St. Louis built 69's.   They generally had the body & roof color posted on the tag weather or not the car received a vinyl roof

In 69 the standard blue seat was C6D (vinyl) & the optional leather seat was CRD

Both have the same "upper door frame" color code of B7

Same is true for the tan cars.....all had T3 upper door color
Green cars all had F8
Red cars all had R6
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

blue69

The interior was dark blue in 69. Mine says B7 in the same place even though the exterior is b5. If you remove the upper door pad on a blue interior car you can see the b7 paint. The car in the auction looks b5 and the same shade as mine. It is just the lighting in the picture that makes it look dark.

69 OUR/TEA

Hey Charger Aficionado,I saw this on E-bay as well,and was shocked as this is my cars twin!!!Yes,what you are defintely looking at is B5,not B7.Even that pic of the 69 Coronet R/T is B5.Another friend of mine has a 69 R/T SE that is B7,with black top and interior.B7 is alot darker than B5 for 69.As far as the interior goes,for 69,the only blue is dark,which is B7.Like Just6T9_CHGR said it is for the upper door frame,so enclosed is a pic of my inside door that I just painted showing the B5 right next to the interior B7 color.I bought my car in PA in 1998,very nice running,looking and driving car.Original sheetmetal,74K mile car,but did have some ripples and slight waves in the body due to poor body work,along with the hood being off color from the rest of the car.So being able to do body and paint,I stripped this thing right down to do it the way it should have been done.As far as there only being 13 in the registry with this color combo,I geuss I should add mine and make it 14.Here are some options that my car has: PS , PDB , woodgrain wheel , rear defrost , tinted glass , six way drivers seat , rocker molding , 3:55 axle , power steering cooler.But oddly,no A01 light package,tinted glass without A/C!!!!.Alot of people love this color combo,and don't get me wrong I like it alot too,but I have to admit my favorite is either T5 copper ,white top and stripe  or triple black.I came very close to going T5,because my friend has a triple black R/T SE,but then realized that this car should be kept original.Here are some pics,when I first bought and as present( ready to paint right now,waiting to get in booth).:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Theres only 13 B7 Chargers in my registry (57 B5 cars though)

Still waiting to make yours #58 :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

Quotethe only true year for Chargers 

you are truely nuts   :smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 20, 2006, 11:17:51 AM
Quotethe only true year for Chargers

you are truely nuts :smilielol:

Finally someone who agrees with me  :thumbs:  :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

You think chris is nuts? Or do you think that both Chris's are nuts? I don't see much difference in either of them. Both think that their favorite years of Chargers is the best.

OH wait, I'm in the same boat, I only care about the ones with the funny rear windows frm 69.