News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AT LAST, IT´S ALIVE... (20/5-06)

Started by Mefirst, May 20, 2006, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefirst

Finally some good news from this side of the Atlantic... Ive been working on my ride now for 1.6 years. The last months Ive been dealing with electrical issues and now finally I have sorted them out..

Some of you may remember that I'm converting my Charger to become a hot Street and 1/4 mile race car. Ive rebuilt the suspension and added subframe connectors, etc.. Rear axel has been rebuilt with new 3.91 diff, Moser axels. The 727 got a compleat overhaul and now has a Turbo Action manual valvebody. The dynamo between the front fenders is a 440 dynoed at 542.5hp (should be a little more now, maby +560hp, cause Ive eliminated the drag from the water pump and fan (electric water pump and fan) and the power steering is also converted into a non power steering)

Well I bought a MSD Digital 6 ignition box, sadly the box didint work when I got it, sent it back to Texas for a check up, got it back last Wensday. Today I wired it, turned the ignition key and the 440 came back to life...

I still have some stuff left to do. Clean up the new wiring and mount the dash back. Remount the console. Align the front end.. etc, etc... So it will be a couple of more days spent in the garage until its ready for action...

/Tom

greenrt_se

nice to hear some good news from Sweden ;)

RD

i second the "let's see some burnouts" statement! congrats!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mefirst

Quote from: RD on May 20, 2006, 09:47:31 PM
i second the "let's see some burnouts" statement! congrats!

Ill make some action movies during the summer, both street and track stuff... :drive: :punkrocka:

/Tom

Ps. Ron (Firefighter) you better go buy that 6-pack of beer and send it over :nana:

Chryco Psycho

Congrats , I knw you have been working hard on it

Mefirst

Yeah Neil. Its been a struggle.

When I did the suspension, changed out al the bushings and re did the front end I didint have any problems, things went really smooth. The problems began that the trans shield didint fit at first, well I worked that out. Then I broke the threads for the Alternator field brush, got a new one from a buddy. Then I burnt the mini starter. Changed that out and put the old stock starter back, which actually does fit nice behind the TTi headers. Well then when I start up the engine there is a missfire and the engine kicks back while the starter is still engaged, result is three busted teeth on the converter starter ring.. After that Ive been fighting electrical gremlins, dealt with busted Ign. boxes, bad distributor pick-ups, caps, rotors a dash harness nightmare...etc...

I don't know how many times i thought about just giving up, that its not worth the fight... but when that 440 fired up, damn its was worth it...

/Tom

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mefirst on May 21, 2006, 05:21:31 AM
Yeah Neil. Its been a struggle.

I don't know how many times i thought about just giving up, that its not worth the fight... but when that 440 fired up, damn its was worth it...

/Tom

Good work Tom  :yesnod: That's the Mopar spirit ! Nuthing like a big wedge to get the blood flowing  :devil:

Mine is still held up at the body shop....hopefully i can make a pass with it sometime this year ! I feel your pain brother....

Looks like you'll be hitting the track before me....i wanna see a timeslip !  ;D

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenpigs

Great, now I gotta get my junk running since girly man has the heap driveable. ;)
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Mefirst on May 21, 2006, 05:21:31 AM

/Tom

we all have days like that , the reward is often a long time coming but definatly worth it