News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 71 cuda fenders

Started by r4daytona, April 16, 2021, 10:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

Trying to help my local body shop friend sell these.  They are left over from a car he restored.  I will include pictures of each: including the bad spots.  Overall they are pretty solid and very restorable.  They are true 71 fenders: not 70's with the gill patch welded in.  I'll do the first pictures of the lighter drivers side.  Trying to get an idea of value for both and will take offers that i will relay to him.

r4daytona

Pass. side.  The lower heel on this really doesn't look like rust got the the inner support other than the edge.  Appears like mostly just the outer sheet metal would need a patch.  Even though the inside picture of the gill area looks dark and dirty it is actually really solid.  Anyway, and ideas on value would be appreciated.  Also, any offers in case any of you have E-bodies or I'm sure you have friends with E-bodies.  Thanks Tom

RiverRaider

This is just my opinion and others may be able get more for these I have been selling parts for years at swap meets.  The key word is selling not trying to squeeze every last buck out of each part. With that said I usually start at half of Repop if they are available for fenders that are dented up or have a little first generation rust, maybe a little more for fast movers like Charger or Road Runner.  These fenders look like second gen rust. (rust that has been repaired before) 1971 fenders can be bought new for a little over $400 each. Rusty or damaged even solid fenders are very slow to move because there are so few Cuda's out there.  I have a show next weekend and if they were mine I might start out as high as 100 or so for the really rough one and 200-225 or so for the other one.  Or pair them at $350.  I would be a motivated seller and any person showing any interest in them will leave with them.  Years ago you could name your price for them as they were gold but since repops are out there rust is hard to move unless there are no repops like are 69 coronet, 70 Charger etc.  
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

ACUDANUT

hemi-hampton

They are probably left over from a Restoration because car getting Restored got smart & bought new rust free repops. The time & money to fix these Rust buckets you could of gone out & bought 2 sets of Repops. But from my experience repops usually fit like crap. Some prefer original over repops. reproductions bring the price of all originals down. :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

$400 max for the pair on a good swap day/Ebay

AKcharger

r4daytona

Thanks for the opinions so far.  I appreciate it and will let the guy know.

Kern Dog

The AMD fenders are $499 plus shipping costs. If the distributor/dealer is compelled to charge sales tax, you'll add that on top of a $500 fender too.
These used fenders can be patched. In my opinion, a patched OEM fender is going to fit better than a reproduction might.
I'm not looking to make the seller rich but too many cheap people throw out lowball prices because they are cheap people. Those are NOT $100 fenders. Would you same guys offer the same price for 68-70 Charger fenders in the same condition? No, because if you did, the seller would tell you to piss off.

maxwellwedge

71 'Cuda fenders were fetching 1200 each in that condition a few years ago when I was looking for a friends car. Not sure about now.

AKcharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 18, 2021, 07:19:44 PM
... Would you same guys offer the same price for 68-70 Charger fenders in the same condition? No, because if you did, the seller would tell you to piss off.

No one is re-popping '70 fenders that makes all the diffrence in the world. '69 Grill centers, 4 speed console tops, locking gas caps...all astronomically priced till the Chi-coms started remaking them and prices plummeted. You are correct about the OEM vs. repop...I'll take OEM ANYDAY but with rust those will have to be acid dipped (I would't trust blasting, too many hidden areas) and be professionally repaired...I'm thinking $1000 to $1500 and take 3 months to do. Why not buy new now??

But I will give you this...perhaps I was low...$200 each  :icon_smile_big:

CRW-FK5

$450 for the pair would seem to be a good price from buyers perspective.

ACUDANUT