News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My hooptie

Started by Lennard, September 11, 2020, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Lately I've had a couple people here asking me how my hooptie is coming along.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC7LaAlFtW4/?hl=en

It still needs 3 point seatbelts, full interior, bumpers, alignment, a/c charged, and probably some other things I'm forgetting right now. It will be finished before 2021.

Kern Dog

You MUST be anxious, man. I have seen videos with the car on the side yard for a few years now. That guy has skills but I wonder if he takes on more work than he can handle. Talent like his is rare. He seems to have some great problem solving skills as well.
I do hope you get it back soon. Maybe make it to Spring Fling next year? The MATS event too?

Lennard

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 11, 2020, 08:44:58 PM
You MUST be anxious, man. I have seen videos with the car on the side yard for a few years now. That guy has skills but I wonder if he takes on more work than he can handle. Talent like his is rare. He seems to have some great problem solving skills as well.
I do hope you get it back soon. Maybe make it to Spring Fling next year? The MATS event too?
Yes I'm anxious, it's been almost a 5 year project. The car was used as a parts car before I bought it, so it needed a lot of expensive parts and about 8k worth of new sheetmetal because of all the rust. On top of that, the build plan changed at least 3 times. It was supposed to become a ratty driver, but after taking it apart and blasting there wasn't enough metal left.

Now it has a 4 link in the back and a 2018 Hellcat engine and 6 speed manual transmission. Lots of custom fabrication on this build. Needless to say that this project snowballed a bit. I will definitely take it to M.a.t.s. and Spring fling.

Kern Dog

The ever-so-common snowball effect. Yeah, that can happen.
It is easy to justify too. When a car is apart and everything is easily accessed, It makes sense to fix. I find it hard to put old ratty door handles and trim over fresh paint. You can't have 4 mismatched tires and wheels either....