News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does this vin look ok ?

Started by JMF, September 12, 2020, 10:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

A car I'm going to view maybe , I know it's missing the "Chrysler Corporation" but does the rest look ok ? Thanks

dual fours

What about the rivets? Are they supposed to be rosettes heads. 
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Nacho-RT74

wrong font... and of course rivets. The Chrysler Corporation mark is just printed, so it can be erased on painted over

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

JMF

So when you say it's the wrong font , does that mean it's a fake vin ?

71_Charger_R/T

JMF

Thanks , think I'll give that one a miss then

hemi-hampton

Looks fake to me, letters & numbers to fat & wide. :slap:

AKcharger

ROFL...you'd think any respectable forger would have PRIDE in their work! I mean REALLY!! the metal isn't even stright! who did this a 6 year old! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

white

Kern Dog

Quote from: AKcharger on September 12, 2020, 12:20:49 PM
ROFL...you'd think any respectable forger would have PRIDE in their work! I mean REALLY!! the metal isn't even stright! who did this a 6 year old! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Yeah, it looks like it was cut with tin snips.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: white on September 12, 2020, 12:37:28 PM
DMV Replacement VIN?

I don't think so, don't look like any replacements I've seen, which don't try to replicate the look of a original Vin Tag. LEON.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Can you post up more details of the car?   Pics?  Location?  Does it have the fender tag?

That dash VIN is fake
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Homerr

XS29L9B230030  ...for the googles to find in the future.

duckmanreno

I only have 5% of the charger knowledge compared to the experts on here.
But that stinks to high heaven .
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 14, 2020, 04:39:31 AM
Can you post up more details of the car?   Pics?  Location?  Does it have the fender tag?

That dash VIN is fake

Pic's of the car ?