News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone recommend a good steering wheel cover?

Started by Black and Blown, August 05, 2020, 10:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Blown

Hi all.  Hope you're doing well in this weird season we're in.  I bought a steering wheel cover 17 years ago when I bought my car, and it's about done.  Anyone have a recommendation?  Mine is a standard 16 inch wheel.  At least it looked like 16 to me when I put a tape to it this morning.

Not a lot new otherwise.  Actually had the inspiration to wax the Charger a couple weeks ago.  Then it got weird.. I pulled the rear wheels off and polished them.  I literally have never polished the wheels in 17 years... figured it was due.  Tried to do the fronts the following week but I've got a goofy stud that is spinning, so I'll finish the job here soon.  Again, hope y'all are well.  I'll try to post a picture of the rear wheels after the polish...

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have a cracked black standard wheel that I use in the winter months....yes I am that guy that takes off my near NOS woodgrain wheel for the winter & stores it inside where its warm... ;)

I use this classic Sportgrip as a cover....

PS the wheels came out great!

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Black and Blown

Thanks!  Wow, that is a nice clean interior you've got in there.  I really should clean that too, I suppose.   :lol:

XH29N0G

What is the orange thing under the dash and behind the wheel.

I echo the 'the inside of your car looks nice' 

Seeing it makes me think about wrapping my plastic 70 wheel, but then my guilt hits. 

I have used for the last 40 years and then I worry, would my charger want me to wear mask, younger, better, maybe even with hair.   :smilielol:

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: XH29N0G on August 06, 2020, 05:46:39 PM
What is the orange thing under the dash and behind the wheel.

I echo the 'the inside of your car looks nice' 

Seeing it makes me think about wrapping my plastic 70 wheel, but then my guilt hits. 

I have used for the last 40 years and then I worry, would my charger want me to wear mask, younger, better, maybe even with hair.   :smilielol:

Thanks!   The orange thing is just a miniature fender tag I bought years ago....someone used to make them up....Its just hanging off the turn signal stalk along with a key chain/bottle opener in case of emergency ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

blakemon

Wheelskins has some nice leather steering covers.

Black and Blown

Quote from: blakemon on September 07, 2020, 02:54:04 AM
Wheelskins has some nice leather steering covers.

Nice.  I had not heard of them.  Thank you! 
I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I've enjoyed driving with NO steering wheel cover at all.  We'll see where this goes... perhaps I will stay put!

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

timmycharger

Quote from: CDN72SE on September 09, 2020, 10:55:45 AM
Wow this topic takes me back in time.

ditto.. reminds me of when I worked at "Auto Palace" back in the 90s and had to unload the trucks, they must of had 10 different kinds back then lol..

for my old daily driver (CHrysler 300m), I got a cheap fake leather one from Amazon that you sew closed with a needle and thread. Looks factory but a pain in the ass to install..

unless the wheel is ruined, I would go w/o  :Twocents: