News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Problem with 2008 Dodge Charger.

Started by USPOLICECRUISERS, September 19, 2020, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USPOLICECRUISERS

Hi all,

So 2008 Charger, engine light has been on for a few weeks but the car has not been in use as it was having some new pads fitted.
When I start it up it just does not sound right, lumpy and hard to rev it past 2000, takes forever for the needle to fall back, it sounds horrible.
No chance of driving it, its just limp mode.
The last time this happened I did that throttle re-set and it worked, anyhow its back same fault.
Done the AC>START, AC>START, AC>START to read the codes, 0301, 0205 which is a misfire on CYL 1, so I swapped the coils over to see if the coil errors would jump to 0302 so I can then replace the coil but it didn't it stayed at 0301.
I remove the battery to clear the codes and re-read them and they are clear so I started the car up to get the new error codes, this time it starts fine, runs fine, no engine light.

any ideas?   
Much appreciated.

John_Kunkel

Welcome to the board but you'll find this board is mostly about classic Chargers from the sixties/seventies.

For LX cars, try this board:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

USPOLICECRUISERS