News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best way to sell my charger

Started by Frank, August 28, 2020, 09:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Any suggestions on the best way to sell my 69 charger.   It is a professionally restored,  numbers matching car so it will not be cheap.  Any idea would be appreciated.  Thanks,

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi-hampton

JB400

birdsandbees

Nonsense, put a true price on it and sell it to a DC member here live ! :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Kern Dog

Mike DC

QuoteIs your last name Furter ?

greycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 29, 2020, 12:28:36 AM
Is your last name Furter ?

If it was you or me, it would be Lee

Frank, ask stated, if you have photos showing the restoration it would help. Before photos and during photos help people see what is underneath the paint and carpet. Receipts show the quality of parts that were replaced.  eBay may realize a higher price than here, maybe not, but with eBay you run the risk of scammers, deadbeats, brokers, and things that remove the joy in selling.

BrianShaughnessy

I'm sure there's several auction houses that would love to have you run it.     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

histoy

I've had good luck selling on Cars-on-line.com.   The last time I listed one it cost $45.  You get 3 pictures, but you can add more for an additional cost.  Once you list it the ad stays on the site until you tell them the car is sold.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: histoy on August 30, 2020, 04:50:20 PM
I've had good luck selling on Cars-on-line.com.   The last time I listed one it cost $45.  You get 3 pictures, but you can add more for an additional cost.  Once you list it the ad stays on the site until you tell them the car is sold.

I used that site to sell my Car & I had people in here Verbally abuse me & insult me for only posting 3 Pictures. at that Time I couldn't add any additional Pics.

Kern Dog

Come on, Leon. You are outspoken enough to set people straight.  :2thumbs:
I know that I respect a person that stands up for them self.

69_500

Sounds funny but I had very good luck selling 2 cars on Facebook Marketplace. I posted a few pics of each car, and listed my asking prices. Both cars sold within 6 days.

bigdsul

Quote from: greycharger on August 30, 2020, 02:27:45 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on August 29, 2020, 12:28:36 AM
Is your last name Furter ?

If it was you or me, it would be Lee

Frank, ask stated, if you have photos showing the restoration it would help. Before photos and during photos help people see what is underneath the paint and carpet. Receipts show the quality of parts that were replaced.  eBay may realize a higher price than here, maybe not, but with eBay you run the risk of scammers, deadbeats, brokers, and things that remove the joy in selling.

All good points to consider