News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does you still have a fender tag or build sheet for your Charger ?

Started by 70 sublime, August 04, 2020, 06:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you still have a fender tag or build sheet for your Charger ?

Still have the original fender tag
Still have original build sheet
Still have original fender tag and build sheet
Have nothing but the VIN on the dash

qwick68

I have the fender tag, build sheet and original title, as well as the original spare and keys.
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

RiverRaider

No build sheet, back seat was changed when interior went to black before I owned it.  Still has fender tag. U code, super track pack car.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

MoparMike68

Quote from: Challenger340 on August 06, 2020, 10:55:54 AM
Quote from: kevink on August 05, 2020, 03:57:32 PM
I have the build sheet, original bill of sale, fender tag, the motor matches, the trans matches as well as all the body stamping. I would hope this increases the value for someone looking for exactly that.

Yes it does and will when the time comes.... if that time ever does come ?  
just say'in here....
Very hard to part with these Cars when they are in fine condition and can be enjoyed ? and WTF is the point in putting money in the Bank at DONUT interest rates ?
I like donuts 🍩  :drool5:

boys3rt

Still have original fender tag, Build sheet and window sticker from original owner. Sadly numbers matching engine and auto transmission was removed to be put into a lighter car for racing. Gave up looking.

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Challenger340 on August 06, 2020, 10:55:54 AM
Quote from: kevink on August 05, 2020, 03:57:32 PM
I have the build sheet, original bill of sale, fender tag, the motor matches, the trans matches as well as all the body stamping. I would hope this increases the value for someone looking for exactly that.

Yes it does and will when the time comes.... if that time ever does come ?  
just say'in here....
Very hard to part with these Cars when they are in fine condition and can be enjoyed ? and WTF is the point in putting money in the Bank at DONUT interest rates ?

There is no point. Not when the interest rates are lower than inflation. You're just sitting there losing purchasing power.

And on the topic. All of my cars have the fender tags. Not all of them have build sheets. Some have 2 sheets, some have one, one has a partial, and the rest have none.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

fastmark

Quote from: kent on August 05, 2020, 11:23:19 AM
So Mark, do you still have the 383 build sheet? Curious minds want to know.

While I'm here I might as well add I have a different build sheet for my car and the original owner misplaced the tags. Story of my life. :brickwall:

Sorry for the late reply. I don't get on here much. Yes, I still have the sheet. I think I gave the number to the 70 charger registry. It is XP29N0G208777. It's F4 green with F8 green interior. Actually, I should post the other sheets I have. You never know who's looking. I have XP29L0G155464. I have one more but the vin number did not survive the coil on the seat. It an XH29G0G2????? I have the build date and von. It's 703 and 038101. It's a fy4 with black interior. 

fastmark

I guess I could include several more cars that I have had in my possession. One is actually still mine but sold.  It's a 69 RT. I removed two build sheets from it. One in the back seat and one under the front carpet. It's matching motor and also has the fender tag. I owned a  69 b7 blue one. It had a sheet and a tag. I owned a 68 RT. It has a tag and sheet and matching transmission (4 speed). My bud has a green 68 RT 4 speed that has a tag but the sheet in the back seat  was from a 318 car. I think I have only owned three cars in my lifetime of buying that were missing a fender tag. Unfortunately, they were real good cars. A 65 hemi car, a 69 hemi RR and a 70 AAR.

davidcam69

I have two build sheets. The were taped to the inside of glove box. My Dad ordered this car new.

Both sheets are exactly the same except the sequence number and vehicle order number. What's

that about? I think I use to know but have forgotten.

Kern Dog

I have 2 build sheets for other 1970 Chargers that came in a folder with my car.
If you are missing yours for a 1970 Charger, send me a PM. There will be no charge if I have it. I think it is a cool thing to reunite a person with their sheet.

moparstuart

Fender Tag ,  Broadcast sheet  ,  Original Owners manual  ,  Warranty Card  ,  Dealers Name , Original Owners Name , Certicard  , Just about Everything but the Paperwork and the Window sticker  .    Who else has other documentation goodies ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bob T

Yeah, really lucked in on my recent 74 Charger purchase, still has the build sheet - all pretty much there, a bit tattered and just pasted to an A4 sheet along with the original owner's sale docket and service warranty book, and the build tag still screwed in place too.
Was parked up for 30 years from 1979 so most of everything is still original too.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

BSB67

For my 67 440 car, I have what I would call everything.  Fender tag, build sheet, certicard,window sticker and just about everything else mentioned.  I have all of the original parts with a couple of minor exceptions.  The car has not been restored, so, while it sure shows it age and is far from perfect, it is a nice example of originality, and people seem to be interested in that.

Obviously, the original drivetrain is in storage.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

BSB67

Quote from: Challenger340 on August 06, 2020, 10:49:43 AM
Quote from: 70 sublime on August 05, 2020, 10:28:05 PM
A little surprised at the results so far
I would have figured with 50 year old cars that about only half would still have their factory statistics some how
But by the way it is looking right now 90% still know how their cars looked originally and only 10% have lost their info along the way
24 out of 27 know
3 out of 27 have nothing

I think maybe a disproportional number that still have the stuff/equity in the thread are responding..... whereas those that do not ? are merely moving on disinterested because they don't ?

Not scientific.... but the overwhelming majority I know of 'personally' do NOT have B-Sheets and only about 50-60% with original Fender Tags in varying conditions.

This is what I think as well.  This is a fun thread and glad you put it up, but would not consider it a correct statistical reflection of what is actually out there.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

BSB67

Having the correct build sheet in a car seems like a 50/50 deal. 

Does anyone know the exact path that the build sheet took relative to the car during assembly?  It would seem that either the "build sheet" in the final car is not really what follows the car down the assy line, or that the car and build sheet must get seperated and re-united at final assembly.  The non-matching build sheet in my GTS is a few days offest from the actual build date.

11.68 @ 120.2 mph

oldgold69

I found my build sheet attached to the back of the glove box liner.  Any one else?  Also all the dealer paper work.

69_500

I have original fender tag, window sticker, broadcast sheet, engine, and trans for my 69 Hemi Charger 500.

no "build sheets" for these cars. Its a broadcast sheet,

BSB67

Quote from: 69_500 on August 27, 2020, 04:43:19 PM
I have original fender tag, window sticker, broadcast sheet, engine, and trans for my 69 Hemi Charger 500.

no "build sheets" for these cars. Its a broadcast sheet,

All of the manufacturers had their own name for what is generically and generally called the buildsheet

11.68 @ 120.2 mph

DAY CLONA

Quote from: BSB67 on August 27, 2020, 09:35:51 AM

Does anyone know the exact path that the build sheet took relative to the car during assembly?  It would seem that either the "build sheet" in the final car is not really what follows the car down the assy line, or that the car and build sheet must get seperated and re-united at final assembly.  The non-matching build sheet in my GTS is a few days offest from the actual build date.

Several buildsheets of various layouts were created and attached to the vehicle as well as distributed to the various points along the assy line, the most common sheet find for most are the rear seat sheets and sometimes front seat, as well as a host of various other areas of the vehicle... the rear seat sheet is basically production line trash as are all the other buildsheets found in a vehicle, the trim shop had only several minutes to select the frames, mat'l type/style of cover, then build/upholster the seat(s) after "scanning" the buildsheet that was sequenced for the chassis on the line, so that the upholsters were not swimming/working in a sea of discarded paper, it was easier to just throw the now useless sheet under the upholstery, the seats were now racked for the line workers for the upcoming batch of vehicles, they were positioned on the rack so they could be applied in the order that the vehicles were sequenced on the line, if a set of seats were racked wrong in picking/placing order by the trim shop for delivery to the line, that's how your vehicle would end up with a prior/later vehicle sequenced non matching buildsheet....

Mike

Kern Dog

I'll bet that I am NOT the only one that noticed that you stated BUILDSHEET numerous times....probably to annoy that other guy !

68RT440

We have the fender tag but no build sheet for our '68 R/T. It's got the matching numbers engine with a replaced 727 from a '69 New Yorker and the original 8 3/4 rear end. Black car, green vinyl top, green interior and white bumblebee stripe.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

70 sublime

Quote from: 68RT440 on August 28, 2020, 08:29:22 AM
We have the fender tag but no build sheet for our '68 R/T. It's got the matching numbers engine with a replaced 727 from a '69 New Yorker and the original 8 3/4 rear end. Black car, green vinyl top, green interior and white bumblebee stripe.

Do you have a picture to share of your car ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BSB67

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 28, 2020, 01:48:12 AM
Quote from: BSB67 on August 27, 2020, 09:35:51 AM

Does anyone know the exact path that the build sheet took relative to the car during assembly?  It would seem that either the "build sheet" in the final car is not really what follows the car down the assy line, or that the car and build sheet must get seperated and re-united at final assembly.  The non-matching build sheet in my GTS is a few days offest from the actual build date.

Several buildsheets of various layouts were created and attached to the vehicle as well as distributed to the various points along the assy line, the most common sheet find for most are the rear seat sheets and sometimes front seat, as well as a host of various other areas of the vehicle... the rear seat sheet is basically production line trash as are all the other buildsheets found in a vehicle, the trim shop had only several minutes to select the frames, mat'l type/style of cover, then build/upholster the seat(s) after "scanning" the buildsheet that was sequenced for the chassis on the line, so that the upholsters were not swimming/working in a sea of discarded paper, it was easier to just throw the now useless sheet under the upholstery, the seats were now racked for the line workers for the upcoming batch of vehicles, they were positioned on the rack so they could be applied in the order that the vehicles were sequenced on the line, if a set of seats were racked wrong in picking/placing order by the trim shop for delivery to the line, that's how your vehicle would end up with a prior/later vehicle sequenced non matching buildsheet....

Mike

Now that you say it, it is obvious, if I understand correctly. 

The guy that is building/upholstering the seat puts his build sheet in the seat.  The guy assemblying the car looks at his build sheet and says I need black seats for this one, and grabs the next black seat off the rack.  Just knowing that, makes it clear that it would be easy to get the sequencing screwed up.  In fact, getting the sequencing right probably required thinking and extra work by someone.

Thanks

11.68 @ 120.2 mph

BSB67

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 28, 2020, 02:47:20 AM
I'll bet that I am NOT the only one that noticed that you stated BUILDSHEET numerous times....

It did make me chuckle a little

11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

68RT440

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 28, 2020, 08:44:38 AM
Quote from: 68RT440 on August 28, 2020, 08:29:22 AM

Do you have a picture to share of your car ?

None of it in the original combination. The son of the original owner dyed the top black and changed the rear stripe once the car became his. Car is now a bare shell that I'm about to start bodywork on. I'm going back to the original color combination as I think it's pretty unique.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me