News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does you still have a fender tag or build sheet for your Charger ?

Started by 70 sublime, August 04, 2020, 06:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you still have a fender tag or build sheet for your Charger ?

Still have the original fender tag
Still have original build sheet
Still have original fender tag and build sheet
Have nothing but the VIN on the dash

70 sublime

There was a thread a little while ago about post your build date for your 69 Charger
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,138337.0.html

I would have thought there would have been more replies

Then I got to thinking I wonder how many truly know very much about the original parts of their cars and if they had a fender tag or build sheet to go by

So lets find out  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

darbgnik

Still have the build sheet, not that it matters on this formerly 318 car.....
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

70sixpkrt

I have the original fender tag, original motor, original 18 spline trans, original Dana 60 rear end but found another cars broadcast sheet under my back seat.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

70 sublime

No it does not really matter but it does add a little to the fun
I only have a fender tag on my 69 and nothing for my 70 project ( vin says it was just a 318 car )
Kind of nice to be able to think when your car's birthday might have been  :2thumbs:
Mine is coming up on the 7th this month

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

INTMD8

Mine was originally a 440. Have the original engine but no tag
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

HANDM

Mine was a 69 SE, light gold poly, tan top and interior, no tag or sheet, had the leather seats, woodgrain dash, no power windows, AC, console. The car had already had crappy body work and paint, top removed, holes filled and a wasted interior, the tan door pads were the only thing saveable. 

I had a wrecked triple black that had a perfect interior so I swapped it in and drove it for a while.
I didn't realize it was an SE till 20 years after I bought it and for lack of a better word "restored" it, did some research and found the telltale lack of "charger" roof emblem holes but the two small SE ones instead.

So basically it's now just a regular old 69 383-2 Charger  ::)

duckmanreno

I have the fender tag but never found the build sheet.

Pretty decent 383 4 speed AC car. Bought it in 1983.
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

fastmark

I have the original tag, sheet, matching motor and trans for my 70 RT car. The back seat had probably never been out. A sheet for a 383 four barrel Charger was in the bottom cushion and in the upper hanging  by one corner. But I bought my car from the original owners Son.  It was parked in the same garage all it's life.

kent

So Mark, do you still have the 383 build sheet? Curious minds want to know.

While I'm here I might as well add I have a different build sheet for my car and the original owner misplaced the tags. Story of my life. :brickwall:
Kent

Back N Black

timmycharger

Yep, still have the original fender tag and some pieces of my build sheet.   Nothing special from the factory so not worried about it. F3 triple green 318 auto ..

Dano 1

Fender tag and build sheet for me, my car isn't exactly 'special' but I love having all the documentation.

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

70 sublime

Quote from: Dano 1 on August 05, 2020, 01:47:13 PM
Fender tag and build sheet for me, my car isn't exactly 'special' but I love having all the documentation.

Did you have a good look at your build sheet ?

I had one stuck in my back seat also but when I took it out the VIN was off by one number and it was for the car before mine
Same colours and same motor

smithenhiven

Both of my 70s have the fender tag, neither have a sheet; I'm holding out hope that the sheet(s) might surface one day.

Dano 1

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 05, 2020, 02:46:58 PM
Quote from: Dano 1 on August 05, 2020, 01:47:13 PM

Did you have a good look at your build sheet ?

I had one stuck in my back seat also but when I took it out the VIN was off by one number and it was for the car before mine
Same colours and same motor

Yep I pulled out the build sheet and the sequence number matches the fender tag, dash vin and core support/trunk lip numbers  :coolgleamA:
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

kevink

I have the build sheet, original bill of sale, fender tag, the motor matches, the trans matches as well as all the body stamping. I would hope this increases the value for someone looking for exactly that.

70 sublime

A little surprised at the results so far
I would have figured with 50 year old cars that about only half would still have their factory statistics some how
But by the way it is looking right now 90% still know how their cars looked originally and only 10% have lost their info along the way
24 out of 27 know
3 out of 27 have nothing

Kern Dog

When I bought my first Charger in March 2000, the seller gave me a file folder with 2 broadcast sheets in it. I didn't look too close. Just a few weeks ago I took them out and saw that they were NOT for my car...and they were for 2 different cars! They were built identically though, as if they were fleet cars or for a rental company. One had a VIN a few digits off from mine.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Challenger340

Yes, we were lucky enough that our '69 R/T SE has both the Fender Tag and 'pristine' condition Broadcast Sheet looks like it just came off the printer, no rips, no tears, no fading.  
The rear seat had never been removed.... ever, and I can feel by hand what I believe another/2nd Broadcast Sheet taped above the Glovebox but just left it there. Yes, numbers matching throughout, UN-restored, UN-rebuilt, all body stampings and most all parts are still original as well(new Mufflers/Brakes/Hoses etc)

Between the two, documents the Charger exactly the same as when new, nothing altered or changed..... which we already knew anyways from historical/chronological work orders/invoices going back many decades, etc.,  but makes everything provable 'as is' same-same to this day.

Put a photocopy back under the rear seat, and documented the original

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 05, 2020, 10:28:05 PM
A little surprised at the results so far
I would have figured with 50 year old cars that about only half would still have their factory statistics some how
But by the way it is looking right now 90% still know how their cars looked originally and only 10% have lost their info along the way
24 out of 27 know
3 out of 27 have nothing

I think maybe a disproportional number that still have the stuff/equity in the thread are responding..... whereas those that do not ? are merely moving on disinterested because they don't ?

Not scientific.... but the overwhelming majority I know of 'personally' do NOT have B-Sheets and only about 50-60% with original Fender Tags in varying conditions.

Challenger340

Quote from: kevink on August 05, 2020, 03:57:32 PM
I have the build sheet, original bill of sale, fender tag, the motor matches, the trans matches as well as all the body stamping. I would hope this increases the value for someone looking for exactly that.

Yes it does and will when the time comes.... if that time ever does come ?  
just say'in here....
Very hard to part with these Cars when they are in fine condition and can be enjoyed ? and WTF is the point in putting money in the Bank at DONUT interest rates ?