News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tire Pressures....

Started by limey, May 18, 2006, 04:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limey

Sorry this is so basic.....
When I bought my last Charger I got new wheels a week after I got it and the tire firm gave me a card with the pressures on. This I gave away when I sold the car, but I can't for the life of me remember what they should be.

I think my front tires are 225/70 R15..will have to pop out into the car park on my lunch break to find out the rears...
Any ideas of the correct tire  pressures?
Cheers
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Shakey

It is noted on the tires.

limey

Quote from: Shakey on May 18, 2006, 07:23:37 AM
It is noted on the tires.

Mine just have the massive permissible pressure and loading on them. So the best pressure will vary according to the car they are fitted to.

BTW I've checked the sizes, Its actually 205/70 R15 (Nasty skinny things!) and 275/70/R15 out back.
Thanks
L
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Radial tires generally range from 28-35 psi  I like to run 30-32 as a personal prefrence
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

limey

I was running 34psi in the back and 32 in the front...so not to far off..
L

mikepmcs

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 18, 2006, 08:41:00 AM
Radial tires generally range from 28-35 psiĀ  I like to run 30-32 as a personal prefrence

:iagree:
32 all the way around for me.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: limey on May 18, 2006, 08:49:59 AM
I was running 34psi in the back and 32 in the front...so not to far off..
L

Try and keep tire pressures even on all 4 corners for street driving....at the track is a different story.

I find that if I go higher than 32psi, due to the wide tires I have, the car tracks more in the ruts on the road
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

limey

Hmmmm. Because of my Land Rover fetish, I'm used to putting more in the back  :-[
(e.g 36 rear-28 front!!)
I'll switch to 32 all round, my (current tires are pretty small by modern standards.
L

deputycrawford

my crew cab tires are 10 ply, steel carcass tires. They need 50 psi in the front and 80 psi in the back. I keep them even at 50 psi all around for reasons 6t9 charger said, unless I'm towing my 69.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Chryco Psycho

depends what you are doing , I never infalte a tire to the max listed on the sidewall , it will generally wear the center of the tire out when set this way
generaly I run about 75% of the max pressure , but for traction & will often lower the rear pressure to 22 lbs or so but this will give away some cornering ablility