News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new 8 3/4 Detroit Locker TrueTrac diff, anybody gonna run it?

Started by Lightning, August 13, 2005, 11:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

Hey all, Detroit Locker just came out with a new diff for the 8 3/4: the TrueTrac, it's got no cones, no clutches, no real parts to wear out.....and supposedly it's Unbreakable!

Mopar Muscle did a test on it with their '69 Coronet convertible, put a pair of Moser axles and gear on it, and they thrashed it......and it never broke.

So is anybody gonna get it sometime this year?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Ghoste

I have a new Auburn cone style in my car so hopefully I won't be needing one too soon.  It would be interesting to know if someone is going to try and destroy one of these though.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

C'mon Silver, who're you kidding?  You're participating in Bull's radiator thread so you know all us classic Charger owners are loaded.

autodynamics

sooo any ideas have any of you guys run it???? im thinking of getting one

471_Magnum

It's a Torsen-style diff. My IS-300 has that style and it works fine on the street, although it is prone to spinning the inside wheel on turns.

The application is apples and oranges I know, but it's the best I can offer.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."