News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who is going to Chryslers at Carlisle this year??

Started by AKcharger, July 01, 2020, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to attend this year?

Yes
14 (31.1%)
no
16 (35.6%)
Maybe
7 (15.6%)
Epstine did not kill himself
8 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

AKcharger

birdsandbees

PA just issued a mandatory mask wearing, as soon as you leave your house. Good luck down there...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

smithenhiven

VegasCharger

Quote from: birdsandbees on July 01, 2020, 05:55:34 PM
PA just issued a mandatory mask wearing, as soon as you leave your house. Good luck down there...

F that!

I was able to roll over my 2020 registration to 2021. I get to keep my grandfathered spots that will be paid in full for 2021.

I'm not in fear but don't want to be around people who are. And with this mask BS, no one will want to fully participate in going thru the swap spots. Plus the Canadians won't be there, who make up a big part of the buying crowd.

I see a losing trip if I were to go, no thanks.

Good luck to those who attend.

Cooter

been going 23 years in a row now, and to let this "Virus thing" no matter how you feel bout it ruin a good thing is ,well, kinda asinine imo. yes, attendance will be down. I get it, you need to recoup investment. But what if nobody shows up this year? then next? (Figures it ain't worth it that year too) then next...
still gonna show my support. not gonna let a lil BS stop me.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

4cruzin

Still going unless it gets cancelled for some reason.  Curious what kind of turnout we will have this year with all this (not sure what to call it)  going on . . .

I know many Canadians that wanted to go but can't get through the border.  I know that I am not wearing a mask at the show, saw that you need one to get in the door and that is fine with me, I'll throw it on for 5 seconds and that is it.  Have my HEMI bandana all ready to go. 

Not sure if Pennsylvania is going to be ready for us or not . . .  :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Challenger340

I know I sound like a broken record..... but at this juncture in the Kung flu, IMO, it is of vital importance to keep our economies open and functioning !
Our livlihoods and lives as we know it may depend on it ?

just say'in....
If wearing a damn mask can keep our economies and livlihoods open and functional..... seems like a small price to pay in personal freedom to me ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Troy

Quote from: birdsandbees on July 01, 2020, 05:55:34 PM
There are still exceptions.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bad B-rad

As of now I am still going, just as a spectator, NY has had the mandatory mask think for so long, it's second nature.

BrianShaughnessy

Might go for a day.  Jeeping it if I do.   Swap meet and a walk around the showfield.   :shruggy: 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

4cruzin

I was surprised to see that they are still having the HellCat thrill rides this year . . . hmmm not sure how that will work?   :scratchchin:

AKcharger

We were going to drive the '72 but instead flying up IAD and renting a new Challenger and putting it in the show field so we get good parking...Oh! maybe I should do the burnout contest!!!  :rofl:

FYI - PA is saying people arriving from southern states have to self quarantine for 14 days.  Good thing I'm coming from VA!  :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

I'll be there with my son but I don't know whether I'll be in my truck or not. All kinds of broken daily drivers at home lately, including my truck having a transmission solenoid issue. I actually might need to rent something.  :eyes:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

will

Puzbie

I'll be going... I live on the other side of the state and have been following this closely. Here is the latest order from 3 days agofrom the gov'r (parts that pertain to us):

"The order says individuals are required to wear face coverings if they are:

Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of 6 feet from individuals who are not members of their household

In any indoor location where members of the public are generally permitted"

So in short, you don't have to be wearing the masks when walking around the grounds, and just be smart when getting in close quarters with others, basic common sense in the current situation.  Remember, wearing the mask is a courtesy to others so if you happen to get it you aren't passing it along...

I won't be wearing mine much, but will put it on when appropriate to keep others safe... you know like when in Mega parts  :icon_smile_big: Then again it gets so hot in there it will be a quick trip  :yesnod:

I am with the others here... it is critical to keep the economy going (safely) and support those vendors who are trying to survive this and are there for us.

I hope everyone has a great time and stays safe!

AKcharger

Is there a DC.com tent like always? Mrs and I will arrive late Thursday for Friday and Sat

71charger_fan

Again this year the Charger paint hasn't gotten done. So, I plan on going with the '55 Plymouth. Since I pre-registered the Charger, I'll have to stop at the gate and change. I'll decide then whether I'll go with the Forward Look or Wagon class. Probably wagon. However, if it's going to be as miserably hot as it's been the last couple of days, I might just write off my entry fee and stay home. If I do go, it'll probably be for just Saturday this year.

Troy

Quote from: AKcharger on July 05, 2020, 06:58:05 PM
Is there a DC.com tent like always? Mrs and I will arrive late Thursday for Friday and Sat

Nope. I was in a holding pattern due to the seemingly daily closures and rules changes. Eventually I lost my shot at getting my vacation approved.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

kokxville

I was panning to make the trip this year again but we can't travel to the united states this year.
Hopefully this whole corona virus is under control soon so we can start making plans for next year.
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Alaskan_TA

I have been in and out of there the last two days and expect to be there every day from here out until the show is over.

It looks normal for a Monday, the early swap vendors are getting set up today. :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ill be there all weekend sans Charger though....first time in 10+ years without it.

I go for the friends that I haven't seen all year though....I believe this time will be more relaxing...no stress, no car to worry about
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rich4406bbl

I'll be there along with both my kids and several friends.

5wndwcpe

4cruzin

AKcharger

Thanks for hte encouraging news Barry. We leave tomorrow night,

well we at least need to plan some kind of meet up!

billssuperbird

4cruzin

The show was GREAT!  The weather was good as well with no rain and a decent breeze both days!  Numbers were down but we had no Canadians . . . Already looking forward to next year!   :2thumbs: