News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger prices

Started by jefferson, June 13, 2020, 07:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Remember this is in Canadian money so what is that like $75000 US  :shruggy:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mike DC

Okay.  $75k for a real '68 RT (and a real 4spd?) . . . that's getting better.

Bad B-rad

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 21, 2020, 06:45:03 PM

Okay.  $75k for a real '68 RT (and a real 4spd?) . . . that's getting better.

Car looks pretty nice.
So the coils on the shocks are because the leaf springs are sagging?
And why is the 440 MAGNUM turquoise, I thought they were orange in 68?
I am not being an ass, I am just asking, he has a nice car.

Kern Dog

There were turquoise 440s in the '68 Coronet R/T.
I thought that in some cases, engine color depended on it being A/C or not.

jefferson

As far as i know 440s were blue. Turqoise in 68
And orange in 69.
My 440 68 is turquoise.

tan top

68 L code  440ci high performance -  375 HP   was / is  turquoise, with  or with out AC

69 L code  440ci high performance -  375 HP      was / is  orange,  with or with out AC

there was a 69  none high performance -  350 HP  - 440ci thats turquoise , with or with out AC - C body only

i think it was  the 68/69 383ci - 330hp was fitted in the road runner / superbee   that  was turquoise   when AC was ordered & a auto transmission , no AC in 68/69 a roadrunner/ superbee  & a four speed manual trans  got the  335 hp orange  383 !.  the 335 horse 383ci was not offered in a 68 / 69 charger !
i await to be corrected on any of the 383 info ! i keep forgetting the story on this  :yesnod:
:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Homerr

For 68/69/70 on Road Runner the 335hp 383 was the base engine, no 330hp option.

On 68/69/70 Charger the 330hp motor was the top 383, no 335hp option.  At least with auto/AC/330hp the 383 was turquoise, I had one.

Mike DC

QuoteCar looks pretty nice.
So the coils on the shocks are because the leaf springs are sagging?
And why is the 440 MAGNUM turquoise, I thought they were orange in 68?
I am not being an ass, I am just asking, he has a nice car.

Turquoise was right for '68 IIRC. And for '69s with air conditioning too.  

But the factory didn't normally let you combine AC with a 440/4spd.  The AC compressors couldn't take revving as hard as the motors.  People with 4spd cars were known to bust the compressors under warranty.  A few 440/4spd cars have been found with factory AC but not many.  

The shock coilovers are for boosting the rear spring rate.  Maybe for sagged springs, or maybe just to increase the rate of healthy springs.  But either way it's a not good to use them on a Mopar.  The rear shock crossmember (a unibody beam on the frame above the axle) was not really built strong enough to take spring loads.  Sometimes the crossmembers can end up bent/broken from using coilover shocks or air shocks.

Bad B-rad

Wow, I learned something NEW!!!!!!
I had always thought the MAGNUM 440 was orange.

Could have my confusion on engine color, be  MODEL year VS the ACTUAL  year?
I have always read 68 was first year for the ORANGE HP(Magnum/Roadrunner) B/RB engines.
SO was it that most of the engines for the 1968 model year cars were cast, in 67, and the High performance engines that were cast in 68 got painted orange?.
Or is it just a wrong statement to claim 68 is first year for the Orange paint?

I did a lot of searching, when I got my 69 Charger.
Most sites describe the "H" code 383 as the HP version.
But its the 4bbl, duel exhaust  330 horse power version, not the high performance Roadrunner/Magnum 335 horse power one.
As far as I could find, only four speed Chargers(68,69) came with the high performance orange color 383.
All others were Turquoise, and rated at 330 horse power.
I am not saying this is 100% facts, it is just what I have found when I was doing homework on the topic

Just as tantop wrote :
A Funny anomaly that I found was in 68/69 they said the 383 high performance 335 engine was reserved for Roadrunners and Super Bee only.
So all 383 equipped Roadrunners got the 383HP Roadrunner engine.(335 horse power) EXCEPT when you ordered an automatic Roadrunner with A/C. Then you got the turquoise 330horsepower version, but it STILL had the Roadrunner engine pie tin.(just not stamped HP on id pad)

I find that sort of funny.

It also adds to confusion that I think officially, the exhaust manifolds we call the HP manifolds, came on all(68+) 4bbl B/RB engines. So they are 4bbl exhaust manifolds not HP manifolds.
Making the others for single exhaust.

Once again I am not saying this is 100% facts, it is just what I have found when I was doing homework on the topic.