News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the cheapest price drive it home 68 69 or 70 Charger you can find listed

Started by 70 sublime, June 16, 2020, 06:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Since we have the delusional sellers thread I thought we could start an opposite thread
There are rot box cars with silly prices and they do not count as there are too many different levels of completion or not
What is the best price for any 1968 69 or 70 Dodge Charger for sale that is complete no matter the condition of the parts and still able to drive it home ?
I am not picking on first or third gen Charger guys so if they want to start a similar thread in their favorite era go for it but I would just like to keep the second gens together in one thread

Lets see what you guys can come up with but I bet it will not be easy
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

I think I see the flaw in my idea

Anyone watching a good deal wants to keep it quiet and hope to maybe get it them selves  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

I have been watching this one just to see where it ends up

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-DODGE/293611158147

"Mopar guys you finally found it!!! This car is the holy grail 69 Charger that everyone was looking " ... Read more
Time left:Time left:1 day 23 hours  |  Friday, 8:53AM
Current bid:
US $39,000.00
Enter US $39,100.00 or more
[ 1 bid ]
Place bid

pecifics
Condition:   Used
Seller Notes:   "Mopar guys you finally found it!!! This car is the holy grail 69 Charger that everyone was looking for, and almost impossible to find (untouched with a 99% virgin mint body!) This is a true time life chance!For sale is my extremely solid and clean 1969 Dodge Charger, with a matching number 383ci motor, 727 torkflite transmission + suregrip posi rearend! ABSOLUTELY NO RUST ANYWHERE, especially underneath, and frame rails are 100% perfect like day one, and never never touched! All body panels are from factory, and the only patch that the car got in its entire life was a small portion of the floor and was done by a meticulous master metal guy (pictured). Interior has bucket seats with console. Headlights open and close flawlessly. The car spent almost his entire life stored, and more than 20 years by the old guy from who I bought it about 3 years ago. According him, the 75k miles on odometer is accurate. I brought the car back to life and bought few things, Just ask me and I will list."

Bad B-rad

That looks like a good car.
Not sure its holy grail.
I wonder if it was an original sure grip car, or peg leg?
Its just most time sure grip is for performance or towing, and that looks to be a 383 2bbl.

Bad B-rad

This one looks like a nice car:

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars-for-sale/1969-dodge-charger-for-sale

It has the ULTRA rare ("G" code) 383 MAGUNM,  now that's almost Holy Grail territory!
I guess seller never posted it to be #'s correct, so by now it very well could have a 383 Magnum in it,

tan top

this has been forsale a long long time  years !  unless its long since sold .   sounds like a good deal if  i'm imagining its as good as the description is leading us to believe  :scratchchin:   when i / we first saw this advertised  the price was way too high ...but now today this minute ! given whats being asked for  piles of shit , that once was a second generation chargers .... dont look a bad deal ...i know not every ones favorite color combo , but sure easier to do a color change than spend 20 k with AMD  & then we all know whats involved after that  :yesnod:

:shruggy:       https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/88831
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70 sublime

The one I was watching just sold on ebay

ondition:Used
"Mopar guys you finally found it!!! This car is the holy grail 69 Charger that everyone was looking " ... Read more
Ended:Jun 19, 2020 , 8:53
Winning bid:US $42,100.00
Approximately C $57,142.31
[ 10 bids ]

Bad B-rad

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 19, 2020, 10:06:21 AM
The one I was watching just sold on ebay

ondition:Used
Ended:Jun 19, 2020 , 8:53
Winning bid:US $42,100.00
Approximately C $57,142.31
[ 10 bids ]

Prices being what they are now, that looked to be a "FAIR" deal.
Looked like a very solid car, and the price was not out of this world.

gtx6970

From someone who is in the market and has been watching cars for about the past year or so.
Although not necessarily Chargers, but,,,,I see them for sale all the time in my searches.

BUT,,,,,,,,

I think upper 30s would be a decent baseline to start.
As a general rule , anything less than that ( unless you get really lucky )  I feel you will be doing some serious work to make a solid reliable driver.

NOW, That said to get a matching numbers RT will probably be a different story and all bets are off. $$$$$$$$$

bigdsul

I've seen a few 318 and 383 cars go for 25k to 27k in running driving condition with everything there daily driver condition. They post up on Facebook and are sold in less than a day usually. Almost always a 1970 or a 1969 car. Saw a 318 70 green interior and paint go for 25k and sold within hours a couple months back. A similar condition black 70 went for 27.5k on Facebook. Seems better deals can be found there over anywhere else.

Ebay isn't a good judge for market demand as non paying budders and shill bidding plagues that site.

70 sublime

Quote from: bigdsul on June 28, 2020, 03:00:05 PM
I've seen a few 318 and 383 cars go for 25k to 27k in running driving condition with everything there daily driver condition. They post up on Facebook and are sold in less than a day usually. Almost always a 1970 or a 1969 car. Saw a 318 70 green interior and paint go for 25k and sold within hours a couple months back. A similar condition black 70 went for 27.5k on Facebook. Seems better deals can be found there over anywhere else.

Ebay isn't a good judge for market demand as non paying budders and shill bidding plagues that site.

I am not on facebook so not sure how it works

Can you search just your area or does it come up everywhere and then you have to decide if it is close enough to worth a drive ?

bigdsul

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 28, 2020, 03:03:41 PM
Quote from: bigdsul on June 28, 2020, 03:00:05 PM

I am not on facebook so not sure how it works

Can you search just your area or does it come up everywhere and then you have to decide if it is close enough to worth a drive ?

You can search the marketplace at it will search a 100 mile radius of wherever you drop the seach on the map.

Its better to join a few MOPAR and b body groups as well as the 68 69 70 dodge charger for sale group on Facebook. Lots of decent cars for good prices. Not over inflated like Ebay or cars on line. Not every car is a deal but at least there are some to chose from on Facebook.

bigdsul

Theres a running driving 1970 440 RT fc7 for 28k listed yesterday as well as a 1970 rt/se for sale as well for similar price. They are both down in Florida but are good cars to restore