News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally got some progress made on my 73!

Started by Charger1973, September 15, 2006, 07:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

About 2 months ago I did a compete 180 and quit my job and decided to go to college instead... so that kind of changed my plans for my Charger too (which was supposed to be headed for the bodyshop right about now)...  So since I now have very little money to spend on it, I decided it would be best to put it together and work on it slowly, and at least I will have some progress made rather than just let it sit and rust over the next 2 years. Not to mention the fact that I just like seeing it together again.  :icon_smile_approve:

So anyways heres a few pics of the car, one how it looked when I bought it, one of how far apart I had it, and the rest are this weeks progress in putting it back together. I havent lined up the doors or fenders yet, but at least they are on there.  I had a little fun too, added my new taillights, hideaways, the passenger side mirror off my 73 SE parts car...  I even got around to taking off those ugly bumperettes!  :icon_smile_tongue:

andy74

looking good dude,just be patient,it will come together :icon_smile_big:

71bee

Gotta love the hide-aways and those '71 R/T tail lights!

just don't give up on it. you'll be happy when it's done. :2thumbs:

73chgrSE

I see that old mustang II in the background. Haha

Charger1973

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

plum500

Don't give up on it, looks like a lot of progress in anycase -- looks good!

-- me thinks a satin black '73 with hideaways could end up to be a very sharp looking car. :thumbs:

Charger1973

Black is nice I agree, and for the time being works just fine :)  But its a factory triple white car, and with a white interior, I think it will look best if the car is plum crazy with a white rallye stripe to set it off.  Not sure what wheels will end up on it yet, but the ones I have on it will do until the rest of the cars done. 

Charger1973

and just for fun...  a pic of my parts car 

73chgrSE

Quote from: charger1973 on September 16, 2006, 12:27:08 PM
Black is nice I agree, and for the time being works just fine :)  But its a factory triple white car, and with a white interior, I think it will look best if the car is plum crazy with a white rallye stripe to set it off.  Not sure what wheels will end up on it yet, but the ones I have on it will do until the rest of the cars done. 
That's cool you are going with plum. You've come a long way on that car. Nice job. Mine is triple white too, soon to be triple black though.

Graham496_SE

Looks good man, you've been busy. Love the hide away lights.

Third gens are the best. :)