News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Shaker

Started by Alec, April 29, 2020, 10:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

I personally don't think the shaker looks good adapted to earlier square-ish body cars. They look more at home on the fusalage styling of 71 and later B-bodies . However, fabrication is top notch. Really nice job  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

johntpr

alenglish

nice job ,  I like that  Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

Kern Dog

Quote from: RallyeMike on April 30, 2020, 10:30:50 AM
I personally don't think the shaker looks good adapted to earlier square-ish body cars. They look more at home on the fusalage styling of 71 and later B-bodies . However, fabrication is top notch. Really nice job  :2thumbs:

I feel that the 68-70 hoods are hard to improve on. The workmanship looks great here but I-m not a fan of the final outcome.
The best modification that I've seen to a 68-70 hood was the one where a guy put Air Grabber type flaps at the deepest part of the hood scallops,
Again, I am impressed with the work.

chargervert

The reason the second generation Charger is the most desired B body ever made,is because it pulled off being a "square" without being "square". There is not a "square" line on a second gen Charger!

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 30, 2020, 03:03:29 PMI feel that the 68-70 hoods are hard to improve on. The workmanship looks great here but I-m not a fan of the final outcome.
The best modification that I've seen to a 68-70 hood was the one where a guy put Air Grabber type flaps at the deepest part of the hood scallops,

AGREED!!!

1968-69 Hood needs left alone, but great skills you have. :2thumbs:

mightywing7

Nice job! Impressive work as well!!  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

Alec

Quote from: VegasCharger on May 01, 2020, 12:15:40 AM

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 30, 2020, 03:03:29 PMI feel that the 68-70 hoods are hard to improve on. The workmanship looks great here but I-m not a fan of the final outcome.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....Thanks
AGREED!!!

1968-69 Hood needs left alone, but great skills you have. :2thumbs:

HANDM

I'm with the no's.... Shaker belongs on 70-71 E bodies not Chargers

alfaitalia

I like it.....quick question....how come you needed TWO AMD hoods to make it?..not obvious from the pics..unless I missed something.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Alec

Quote from: alfaitalia on May 01, 2020, 07:00:36 PM
I like it.....quick question....how come you needed TWO AMD hoods to make it?..not obvious from the pics..unless I missed something.

The second hood is a donor for the inside half of the indent, there is not enough material to do the job without it. 

XH29N0G

Can you explain for the novice, why you cut those little shapes like in the picture you just posted out of the hood.  Was that something to do with the underpart of the hood, or did you do something to the top part to make it so things would line up. 

These fabrication posts always amaze me.

Thanks.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Alec

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 02, 2020, 09:31:00 AM
Can you explain for the novice, why you cut those little shapes like in the picture you just posted out of the hood.  Was that something to do with the underpart of the hood, or did you do something to the top part to make it so things would line up. 

Thanks.
I you look you can see that I had to narrow the indents...( where the turn indicator is ) so I had room for the shaker hole... so the indent is half the normal width. I wanted to         
                 keep this factory look specific to the Charger. It cost me an extra $1200.00 for the second hood but well worth it.   

Alec

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 02, 2020, 09:31:00 AM

Thanks.
Also that pic is of the donor hood....

mel t

Very nice work. That would also be really cool on a 3rd gen.

VegasCharger

Quote from: mel t on May 02, 2020, 10:11:13 AM
Very nice work. That would also be really cool on a 3rd gen.

With or without the hood indents?

mel t

Edited; 71 Hemi Cuda Shaker and a 71 Super Bee front End on a base 71 Charger. (3D Paint)

Alec

Quote from: mel t on May 02, 2020, 11:22:22 PM
Flat hood; faked photos.

That s not a 70's mopar shaker...probably a doctored pic...

mel t

Yes, doctored pic. I re-did it this morning. In the previous picture, the scoop was too narrow.
Very nice work on that 69. :cheers:

6pkrtse

I like it. I wouldn't do it on a Charger but love the Shaker on Challengers and Cuda's, which is why I did my Super Shake on my street/strip car.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic