News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust manifold studs

Started by Lorence, April 24, 2020, 11:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorence

I'm having the toughest time getting 2 of the exhaust manifold studs that go into my block out.  I'm to the point where they are beat up badly and no movement.  Pipe wrench at this point keeps slipping and no room for a drill in there.  Anyone have a trick or 2 up their sleeve?   

c00nhunterjoe

b5blue

Iron heads have some holes open to cooling system on the back end.  :scratchchin:

Lorence

b5blue

Lots of heat and quality Vise Grips. Soak with PB Blaster. You may need to remove the head.  :scratchchin:

Lorence

Take a propane torch is not gonna cut the mustard?

b5blue

Quote from: Lorence on April 26, 2020, 11:54:09 AM
Take a propane torch is not gonna cut the mustard?
Use "MAP" gas it's hotter. After this much time I'd have removed the head out of frustration!  :RantExplode:

Lorence

Thanks bud.  I can be slow paced. 

Bronzedodge

Oxy-Acetylene could be better, much hotter.  It also takes some experience and skill, cause it can turn your stud and head to a liquid.    :Twocents:  patience can be the best tool.  Try the MAPP gas, and try to tighten it a smidge first, then the opposite way.
Mopar forever!