News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The only H3 that I will ever like

Started by TheGhost, May 17, 2006, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Not quite sure if this is in the right place, or not....

Karla Comfort came up with the idea for the rolling memorial when she and her two other sons attended John's funeral in Portland, Ore.

"I saw a Vietnam (War) memorial on a car, and I said to my son Josh, 'we should do something like that for John,' she recalled. "He loved Hummers."

She purchased the vehicle in January and immediately took it to AirbrushGuy & Co. in Benton, Ark., where artist Robert Powell went to work on changing the plain, black vehicle into a decorative, mobile, art piece.

"I only had the vehicle for two days before we took it in," she joked.

Karla Comfort received a lot of looks and even some salutes from people when she drove from Benton, Ark., to Camp Pendleton, Calif., in her newly-painted, custom Hummer H3 March 2. The vehicle is adorned with the likeness of! her son, 20-year-old Lance Cpl. John M. Holmason, and nine other Marines with F Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division who where all killed by the same improvised explosive device blast in Fallujah, Iraq, in December.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mikepmcs

Great American, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AirborneSilva

I was going to say there aint one I'd like, then I saw it, so ok yeah I like the paint job and if she ever gets stuck I will be more then happy to pull her out with my Rubicon  ;)

hemihead

I would tow that around town with an M37 and not be embarrassed.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RD

What a beautiful tribute... brings the sacrifices of many young men and women to the limelight.  Americans need to see this to understand that their son's and daughter's are dying in Iraq daily.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1fine69

THAT IS AN AWESOME MESSAGE! REMINDS EVERYONE THAT SEES IT THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE FIGHTIN!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

Blown70

This is a beautiful tribute to her son.  One thing that I can say is   :patriot:  THANK YOU!!

Shakey

1fine69

SEMPER FI  I THINK IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN IS FOR THE NAVY IT STANDS FOR ALWAYS LOYAL I BELIEVE. I HEARD THE STORY OF HOW IT CAME ABOUT SUPPOSEDLY THERE WAS A VERY HIGH RANKING NAVY GUY WALKING THROUGH A NAVY HOSPITAL AND THERE WAS A MAN WHO WAS SEVERELY WOUNDED AND WHEN THE GUY WALKED BY HE SAT UP IN HIS BED AND SALUTED HIM AND THAT IS WHAT HE SADI ALWAYS LOYAL! PRETTY COOL STORY SORRY IF I MESSED IT UP IN ANY WAY  :'(
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

Arthu®

The United States Marine Corps motto, since 1883, is "Semper Fidelis". There were three mottos prior to Semper Fidelis, including "Fortitudine" (meaning "with courage") antedating the War of 1812, "By land, by sea" which was a nod to the British Royal Marines' "Per Mare, Per Terram", and up until 1843 there was also the motto "To the Shores of Tripoli." The motto signifies the dedication that individual Marines are expected to have loyalty to "Corps and Country" and to their fellow fighting men and women, for the rest of their days and beyond. Marines often reduce the phrase to "Semper Fi."

* Semper Fidelis (.mp3) is the title of the official march of the United States Marine Corps, composed by John Philip Sousa in 1889. Sousa was director of the United States Marine Band ("The President's Own") when a replacement for Hail to the Chief was requested, but later rejected. Sousa considered it to be his "most musical" march. It was prominently featured in the movie A Few Good Men.
    * Lyrics to the march were written by Charles Burr and can be found on Wikisource
Striving for world domination since 1986

mikepmcs

Quote from: 1fine69 on May 18, 2006, 11:21:03 AM
SEMPER FI  I THINK IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN IS FOR THE NAVY IT STANDS FOR ALWAYS LOYAL I BELIEVE. I HEARD THE STORY OF HOW IT CAME ABOUT SUPPOSEDLY THERE WAS A VERY HIGH RANKING NAVY GUY WALKING THROUGH A NAVY HOSPITAL AND THERE WAS A MAN WHO WAS SEVERELY WOUNDED AND WHEN THE GUY WALKED BY HE SAT UP IN HIS BED AND SALUTED HIM AND THAT IS WHAT HE SADI ALWAYS LOYAL! PRETTY COOL STORY SORRY IF I MESSED IT UP IN ANY WAY  :'(

it's actually marine corps but they are department of the navy so real close.
here is a link to the meaning if anyone is interested.
http://www.oo-rah.com/store/editorial/edi52.asp

v/r
Navy Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Charger Aficionado

AirborneSilva

Quote from: RD on May 18, 2006, 10:44:32 AM
What a beautiful tribute... brings the sacrifices of many young men and women to the limelight.  Americans need to see this to understand that their son's and daughter's are dying in Iraq daily.

Um, not trying to be an ass - but, being an ex paratrooper,also knowing guys who have been in the middle east (my son just got back not too long ago), and friends who are there right now, I find that a little offensive - our boys and girls ARE NOT dying daily.  Yes they are making hugh sacrafices and we do have the unfortunate deaths, so that idoits can shoot off their big mouths over here but that is the sacrafice we were/are all willing to make!  What they are doing on a daily basis is helping out the Iraqi people to rebuilding/build their nation for them, building schools, hospitals and setting up infrastructure that Sadam and his henchmen either neglected or never put into place to begin with, they are discoverying the mass graves, rooting out insurgents, training iraqi police and standing up the iraqi army - That is what they are doing everyday!

God Bless the United States and God bless our Armed forces for without them we would all be speaking german - or would be all getting our heads chopped off.

Ok, sorry for the rant  :-*

Charger Aficionado

red72chrgr

:patriot: A wonderful and touching tribute.
Nothing personal, just business

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on May 19, 2006, 04:27:21 PM
THIS "Mayor" should be drug out into the street and BEAT:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9056473/detail.html#

I think that would be letting that scum bag off easy!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Headrope

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 18, 2006, 07:22:35 PM

Um, not trying to be an ass - but, being an ex paratrooper,also knowing guys who have been in the middle east (my son just got back not too long ago), and friends who are there right now, I find that a little offensive - our boys and girls ARE NOT dying daily.  Yes they are making hugh sacrafices and we do have the unfortunate deaths, so that idoits can shoot off their big mouths over here but that is the sacrafice we were/are all willing to make!  What they are doing on a daily basis is helping out the Iraqi people to rebuilding/build their nation for them, building schools, hospitals and setting up infrastructure that Sadam and his henchmen either neglected or never put into place to begin with, they are discoverying the mass graves, rooting out insurgents, training iraqi police and standing up the iraqi army - That is what they are doing everyday!

God Bless the United States and God bless our Armed forces for without them we would all be speaking german - or would be all getting our heads chopped off.

A bit ironic - shooshing someone for making a generalization about Iraq while yourself making a generalization about Germans. I respect you - and all who do - for serving. But please be more carefull.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Headrope on May 21, 2006, 08:53:42 AM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 18, 2006, 07:22:35 PM

A bit ironic - shooshing someone for making a generalization about Iraq while yourself making a generalization about Germans. I respect you - and all who do - for serving. But please be more carefull.

Get a grip, without our soldiers we would be speaking german beacuse we would not have won WWII, so how is that  a generalization of Germans?  We were at war with them (or you I guess), if you remember!  Ok, so maybe we would have been speaking Japanese, there does that make you happy?  My point is that the military is shown little respect and is VERY misunderstood as well...

Oh, by the way, if you respected me like you said then you would have sent me a PM  ;)