News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many have survived?

Started by lloyd3, April 14, 2020, 02:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cazzz

Hi guys not greatest on the computer but I do have a xp that has not bin registered yet and with time on my hands would like to contribute.. Thanks for info please..

cazzz

sorry its a 1969 xp29 696 235797

cazzz

eyes are gone too lol xp29 g9g 235797

John_Kunkel

Quote from: lloyd3 on April 14, 2020, 06:04:04 PM
 Going with 30% for the 100K cars manufactured in 1968 means 30K '68s still driving around. That is a number I really don't find credible.

And what gives your numbers credibility?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

lloyd3

Mr. Kunkel: My numbers are anecdotal only. I was hoping to leverage the Registries to come up with a better idea of what is reality.  My work has carried me all around this country for the last 40 years or so and I know what I've seen of these cars, which is damn few.  

b5blue: Timing is everything. We're all going bat-shit crazy locked in our homes so... we now have the bandwidth to think about the trivial stuff. For entertainment yesterday, I mastered the repair of modern Kohler toilets (the canister-type).  God help us!

b5blue

Mike DC

QuoteThe numbers are BS, numbers from other causes of death are being combined with corona deaths.

And thousands of people have died from virus symptoms without ever getting access to a test, too.  

There is definitely a spike in deaths in the virus-affected areas right now.  Something is doing it.  

I'm not trying to be a prick but this problem is real.

lloyd3

Mike DC: Corona Virus is very real and it clearly has killed lots of people the world over. Because the basic information about it's origins and nature have been obfuscated by the ChiComs to this very day, everybody else in the world had to fill-in those data gaps and respond as well as they could. This virus has also been seized-upon and weaponized by various media outlets to serve their own clearly political agendas and to further drive a now fairly panicked response.  Models predicting an almost logarithmic infection rate and a very high death toll (and that were used to suspend our most basic American freedoms) have now been proved to be invalid.  What else is there to say about it?  

We need to (and we will) get on with the business of living and quit-focusing on all this ginned-up fear. Social distancing, face-masks, and hand-washing (amongst other things) should help with that immensely. We are not sheep in this country, we are a free and determined people. It isn't in our DNA to cower in our homes and be dictated-to by a bunch of feckless bureaucrats. I believe the Governor of Michigan is just now beginning to figure all of that out.

Mike DC

QuoteMike DC: Corona Virus is very real and it clearly has killed lots of people the world over. Because the basic information about it's origins and nature have been obfuscated by the ChiComs to this very day, everybody else in the world had to fill-in those data gaps and respond as well as they could. This virus has also been seized-upon and weaponized by various media outlets to serve their own clearly political agendas and to further drive a now fairly panicked response.  Models predicting an almost logarithmic infection rate and a very high death toll (and that were used to suspend our most basic American freedoms) have now been proved to be invalid.  What else is there to say about it?  

We need to (and we will) get on with the business of living and quit-focusing on all this ginned-up fear. Social distancing, face-masks, and hand-washing (amongst other things) should help with that immensely. We are not sheep in this country, we are a free and determined people. It isn't in our DNA to cower in our homes and be dictated-to by a bunch of feckless bureaucrats. I believe the Governor of Michigan is just now beginning to figure all of that out

Imagine if some Muslim terrorists killed tens of thousands of Americans in a matter of weeks.  That would be the same damage and it would get a totally different reaction.  

Is there a media effort to overstate the virus?  Yeah.  The media also overstated the treat of terrorism after 9/11.  In 1941 they hyped the Jap attack on Pearl Harbor.  Today they would hype the threat of squirrels attacking your mailbox.  The media is in the business of hyping things.  I think most normal adults understand that.  

But 9/11 did happen, the Japs did attack Pearl Harbor, and the 'Rona virus is killing thousands of us.  The media didn't make this up.  

:Twocents:

We're all frustrated about staying inside.  But there are worse problems to have.  This lockdown is economically devastating but that shouldn't be costing anyone their house or dinner.  The US govt has the money, we just have to choose to spend it taking care of our people for a little while.  If the stock market starts crying about money then the govt always find an extra trillion dollars in the couch cushions within 48 hours.    

If you wanna argue that the public shouldn't be REQUIRED to stay inside, LEGALLY, because it's an infringement on Constitutional rights?  Then I might agree.  IMO this quarantine should be enforced with heavy social pressure but probably not with arrests.  I also think what's necessary in NYC is a lot different from what's necessary in rural Kansas.  

Again, just my two cents.  

BTW, past disease history teaches that economies don't really recover until the outbreak is under control.  Just opening businesses and telling people "go back to normal" causes some rebound but not nearly enough.