News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This Charger has been for sale for awhile

Started by Drache, April 14, 2020, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Keep seeing this every time I look through Craigslist.

Quotei cannot beleive i have to say this again but here goes, the car is not finished it needs to be finished **** come on people hence the price 13k with no motor 1972 charger ..hideaways , fj6 sassy grass green waterborne paint, bumpers refinished in hot rod black ,this is a vinyl top car and is only painted to prevent rust, headliner ,molded carpet black and very cool new colour match seats ,B&M promatic 2 consul shift 8 3/4 diff 4.10 , have most stock pieces to complete , needs $3500.00 to $5500.0 in various new parts to finish, this pends on cad to usd rates ,.. if you do not have money do not call me , and no more holding , no giving it to you because your dying or the like , no donating it for a raffle and so on

$13,000 CAD (about $9300 USD)
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

krops cars

70 sublime

Is the roof shiny black and can see some reflections or is there some issues that still need to be fixed ?
Hard to tell

What province is the ad posted in ?

Did they have any pictures of what they did to the seats ? 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Daytona R/T SE

Deduct $5000 for the rattle can black engine compartment and the slime green fan blades. :slap:

68RT440

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 14, 2020, 12:07:49 PM
Deduct $5000 for the rattle can black engine compartment and the slime green fan blades. :slap:

I agree, stuff that should be body color is black and stuff that is body color should be black.. :paintingpink:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

VegasCharger

Here we have a case where someone put his personal touches into the project but has to sell it for whatever reason. It's a fine line because most will not like any personal touches from POs and will have to spend extra to get it back to correct. Example, this owner the money he spent on paint would be hard to recoup had he just left it alone. He's too deep into the project with the personal touches. But if he moves forward, the money spent to finish it will be lost. So he's stuck. So take a loss and sell it cheaper or finish it and own it forever.

:cheers:

krops cars

Agreed. We all make mistakes. Cut loss and move on. Also no motor. Way to high. If I read this right.

AKcharger

DownZero

Is it just me or does that look like a plastic "mock up" motor?

chargervert

Anyone who has built one knows what it costs to do body and paint. I doubt he's even breaking even on the bodywork. It is not a big deal to paint the engine bay with the car at that stage.

70 sublime

I kind of like the green colour
Not big on the SE side windows though  ::)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

VegasCharger

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 15, 2020, 08:44:13 PM.....Not big on the SE side windows though  ::).....

:iagree:

Right there with you, 3rd gen Charger's worse quarter glass design. Even worse than the 1974 Spring Special square fixed glass (landau top style).

Sorry CDN72SE. Your Charger is great but not a fan of the quarter glass that Chrysler designed for the 72SE. They should've left it alone like the 71SE.

krops cars

All facts faced you can get a real nice one for $20 to $25,000

chargervert

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 15, 2020, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on April 15, 2020, 08:44:13 PM.....Not big on the SE side windows though  ::).....

:iagree:

Right there with you, 3rd gen Charger's worse quarter glass design. Even worse than the 1974 Spring Special square fixed glass (landau top style).

Sorry CDN72SE. Your Charger is great but not a fan of the quarter glass that Chrysler designed for the 72SE. They should've left it alone like the 71SE.

It is a plastic triangle plug that fits into the standard 71,72 window opening. It can be removed, and the glass is the same as the standard 71,72 Charger. Since they have not put the vynal top on yet,it could easily be converted back to standard Charger quarter window configuration, then install the new vynal top.

CDN72SE

Thanks for keeping me in mind Vegas, lol. I know, that darn quarter window and I have that pesky rear spoiler as well.
When my car was in the body shop I contemplated removing the plug but i just couldn't bring myself to do it.
1972 Charger SE

Daytona R/T SE

If there is anybody who is removing their '72 SE quarter window inserts and SE specific quarter window trim...

I'll take them. :2thumbs: