News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Driving during "lock-down"

Started by lloyd3, March 26, 2020, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Oh come on....
The cool kids never respected the nerd that never broke any of the rules.  :smilielol:

mel t

MoparMike68

XH29N0G

We would all do well to have perspective on the world and what others do outside our country (I mean the USA).  I am very patriotic and think we do many things very well, but seeing the perspectives and living in other places is important for us to look carefully at what we have, see what's good and bad, and be a little thicker skinned when people say something. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

mel t

lloyd3

mel t

mel t

My B3, 1970.

cdr

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 09, 2020, 09:25:08 PM
We would all do well to have perspective on the world and what others do outside our country (I mean the USA).  I am very patriotic and think we do many things very well, but seeing the perspectives and living in other places is important for us to look carefully at what we have, see what's good and bad, and be a little thicker skinned when people say something. 

I agree, BUT, he started the political post & He ALWAYS has something bad to say about America as Lennard explained, I have voiced my dislike :) to him before & he keeps doing it, with everything going on I am done with it, I stand by what I said to him. I hope everyone is doing ok, EVEN Alfaitalia, just don't come on here & start political crap about America, ESPECIALLY when you dont even live here.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

mel t

lloyd3

To be fair, he's only saying what alot of our media types are saying and have been for a long time now.  Call it "fake news", call it whatever you want but it is probably very confusing for foreigners listening to the mainstream news emanating from this country. 

Lennard

Quote from: lloyd3 on April 09, 2020, 11:54:14 PM
To be fair, he's only saying what alot of our media types are saying and have been for a long time now.  Call it "fake news", call it whatever you want but it is probably very confusing for foreigners listening to the mainstream news emanating from this country. 
It doesn't matter where his information comes from. Politics don't belong on a car forum. It's not what I'm here for. There are plenty of other forums that allow political discussions for the people that love to argue for days.

mel t

"foreigners listening to the mainstream news emanating from this country."

All the more reason to keep their mouths shut concerning American policies.

We don't troll UK sights spewing nonsense about the queen.

Just gave me an idea.

mel t

Quote from: Lennard on April 10, 2020, 12:01:10 AM
It doesn't matter where his information comes from. Politics don't belong on a car forum. It's not what I'm here for. There are plenty of other forums that allow political discussions for the people that love to argue for days.
:2thumbs:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 09, 2020, 09:25:08 PM

Just sent a PM to a member of the board talking about that ( more less ) who wrotte me pointing me out to some of my posts. Is good to get those points of view from everyplace as posible to get enriched the discussion IMHO.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

By the way... and I allways will repeat that... do you know America goes from Canada up to Argentina/Chile? And the continent name comes from Americo Vespucio an Italian explorer who got the conclusion this was a new continent and not just islands from or part of Asia? This was after explore Venezuela and Brazil coasts, not even USA. I know is the tradition to call USA as America which cames from the UK domination around the world and then on the industrial revolution, but just pointing out that.

I hope someday this would change to make honor the truth and name everything correctly.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Lennard on April 10, 2020, 12:01:10 AM

Mmm yes is true, the problem is when somehow somebody becomes political some of the opinions about a generic topic originally non political intended but which fits yet on the off topic section nicelly.

I guess is hard to get the borders defined sometimes thought

MoparMike68

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 10, 2020, 05:22:10 AM
By the way... and I allways will repeat that... do you know America goes from Canada up to Argentina/Chile? And the continent name comes from Americo Vespucio an Italian explorer who got the conclusion this was a new continent and not just islands from or part of Asia? This was after explore Venezuela and Brazil coasts, not even USA. I know is the tradition to call USA as America which cames from the UK domination around the world and then on the industrial revolution, but just pointing out that.

I hope someday this would change to make honor the truth and name everything correctly.
The United States Of America is boardered by the Pacific Ocean,The Atlantic Ocean
Canada to the North and Mexico to the south.
In 1776 The continental congress formally declares the name of the new nation to be the "United States"of America
This replaced the term United Colonies.
"That in all continental commissions,and other instruments,where,heretofore,the words 'United Colonies'
have been used,the stile be altered for the future to the "United States"🇺🇸

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: MoparMike68 on April 10, 2020, 08:57:03 AM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on April 10, 2020, 05:22:10 AM

The United States Of America is boardered by the Pacific Ocean,The Atlantic Ocean
Canada to the North and Mexico to the south.
In 1776 The continental congress formally declares the name of the new nation to be the "United States"of America
This replaced the term United Colonies.
"That in all continental commissions,and other instruments,where,heretofore,the words 'United Colonies'
have been used,the stile be altered for the future to the "United States"

:2thumbs:

so the same to the "world series" in baseball... eeeejheeem... well, US is not the world ;). If it was a world series, all the countries what plays or has professional baseball leagues ( mostly in America, sure ) should be part of that "world series".

and the same about Mexico is not south america, not even central america, but northamerica too like Canada and US

I'm not being an asshole about this, please understand my comment, just trying to point you out US is part of the world, but not the world, but sometimes some behaviours and assumptioms like these produces hate from the rest of the world. Just sharing the world point of view about you and understand why it could be happening.

AAAAAAAND about drive on lockdown ( thread tittle )... I can't do it. Spain is being hard on this lockdown ( logically ). I have a Diesel P38 Range Rover here that I could drive but I can't. I have not garage so its parked on the street so I can't even fix some stuff needeing to be fixed. Fuel is also expensive here and still not a job to pay for travel around anyway either

b5blue

HEY! We stole this country just like the Spanish took your homeland and some of us still think we are better than most because of nothing we actually did! So don't forget how meaningless all this is on a Charger Forum.
Your all free to continue bickering in a topic about DRIVING. (Hope you are well Nacho!)  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Quote from: b5blue on April 10, 2020, 10:47:55 AM
HEY! We stole this country just like the Spanish took your homeland and some of us still think we are better than most because of nothing we actually did! So don't forget how meaningless all this is on a Charger Forum.
Your all free to continue bickering in a topic about DRIVING. (Hope you are well Nacho!)  :2thumbs:
Exactly!  Nacho the nitpicker. Who cares what the exact name is and which name is wrong or right.  This is a DODGE CHARGER forum. I'm not here to get an education in history  and topagraphy.

Nacho-RT74

I was just pointing out some diff points of view you can't see being inside your borders LOL.

some ppl cares the name ;). Sometimes is important :P

BTW my familly ( mom and dad, uncles ) is from the country my homeland got taken soooo...  :rofl:

b5blue

Challenger340

Quote from: mel t on April 08, 2020, 10:18:37 AM
So in the 2017/2018 flu season, the U.S. lost over 80,000 citizens!...(or at least we believe they were citizens)! If the news media had a counter in the lower right hand corner of the tv screen back then, we would have had a pandemic back then. Heck, let's have a rolling counter for heart disease, various forms of cancer, car wrecks, opioid abuse...you get the picture! We could/would have the entire country running for a sealed rubber room! Does Corvid-19 present itself as an aggressive 'take no prisoners' form of highly contagious flu? Absolutely, but let's get realistic with how it's being covered by the media. Remember the 2017/2018 season being talked about every minute of every hour of every day back then...I don't!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:
[/quote]

Can someone direct me to where 80,000 Citizens in the U.S. succumbed during the 2017/2018 Flu Season ?
I'm just looking for context around comparisons to the 2017/2018 Flu season and this COVID-19 pandemic ?

I can't seem to find any credible scientific evidence supporting that 80,000 claim, my bad at searches I guess ? so just looking for a link ?
All I could find is this.... and the CDC does NOT support that 80,0000 anywhere I can find ?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm

with...
the only actual CDC mortality data I could find did support 61,000 deaths... but within an estimated 45 Million flu illnesses ?
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

just say'in....
it would appear that any comparison of the 2017/2018 Flue Season to the current COVID-19 Virus in terms of Virulence/Contagious or Fatality rates may be absolutely idiotic at best ?
Look, no offense to anyone  intended....
I'm just trying to do my own 'comparison' if you will ? because I've heard more than a few times comparison claims made between the 2017/18 Flu and this COVID ?
But it just doesn't seem to be anything but a FAKE claim ?

We've been notified here in Canada that this pandemics effects will continue right through May into June, lowering through Jul/August and the 2nd wave to begin September ?
No matter,
I can still drive my Charger being very rural not a problem.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

mel t

For once you are right Bob, LOL.
Yes, the correct CDC (death) estimates for the 2017/2018 flu season were 61000.
Thanks for the correction.

Edit; I also think you missed some of the OPs points.
you good this morning?

Oh, and where is that title?