News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The countdown begins...GN update

Started by Wakko, August 12, 2005, 10:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Well, I finally got off my duff and had the GN shipped off to the body shop.  I had to recharge the battery, put the steering wheel back in it (it was in the Charger) and disturb the bugs that built little nests in my car cover.  The body shop looked at the Charger and said they can pop out the two dings and fix my rust spot no problem...and adjusting the doors shouldnt' be hard either.  Seeing the car again makes me want to park the Charger and drive the GN!!!   Soon...soon.

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Wakko

Oh, and here's the Charger related content.    :drive:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

General_01

That's great Ian. When the GN gets done you can sell it to pay for your GL paint job. ;D (j/k)

That's cool it's in the shop now. You'll be roarin' down the road in it soon.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Silver R/T

well itll be fixed and everything will be back to normal
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

That will sure be good to have it up & running again. Hopefully the car runs & drives the same when they're done.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

SuBLimE 69

Slow as Buick....LoL  I'd have told that wrecker driver just to take that POS Buick off my hands !  :angel:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Wakko

Heh heh, I might take a road trip to Georgia the second week of September.  If I do, we'll line em up and see, Doug!    :devil:  I think I'll have to take the Drag Radials off for a road trip though... :icon_smile_dead:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

SuBLimE 69

Ya, Line em up...Just bring some cash please....  Gimmie a hollar when you get up here...we need to get a few beers...

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Wakko

Count on it...and I buy the first round.  :)
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lostsheep

Quote from: Wakko on August 13, 2005, 10:10:27 PM
Count on it...and I buy the first round.   :)
Thats nice since he might end up paying for the next round. :popcrn:

8WHEELER

Sell the Charger to someone who wants it and keep the GN  :scratchchin:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Wakko

Quote from: 8WHEELER on August 14, 2005, 12:58:49 AM
Sell the Charger to someone who wants it and keep the GN  :scratchchin:

Dan

Who said I didn't want it?!?  After waiting 20 years to buy the car I'm sure not gonna sell it unless it's for a big fat wad of cash.   :nono:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

8WHEELER

Just the way your first post read, ''makes you want to park the Charger''   :shruggy:  sounds to me like
you would rather have the GN............

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Wakko

There are pros and cons of each car.  Since it literally rains every day and is about 90-95 degrees lately, the Charger is horribly impractical and can be a real nuisance to drive.  The GN is extremely practical and comfortable (and won't leave me smelling like exhaust and sweat!).  On the other hand, when it's cool out and the weather is good, you can't beat rowing through a 440 and feeling that engine rumble.  Once the GN is back I'll park the Charger for a couple weeks so I can focus on the GN, then it'll be whatever mood I'm in or whatever girl I'm taking out that night.   :icon_smile_tongue:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

694spdRT

Yesterday I got a Nitrous bottle filled from a guy that runs 2 GN's. His daily driver street car runs mid 11's without the nitrous and his street/strip GN runs low 10's on the spray.

He also has another 3.8 on the engine stand that makes around 1100 horsepower.(I am not sure if that is with NOS or not)

Regardless, it is amazing what they get out of those little engines.   
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

RD

its amazing how your door got unscathed from that wreck.  ???
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dkn1997

grand nationals are cool....and bring back your old sig animation-the one with old lady getting kicked off the chair.  I giggle my ass off just thinking about it....
RECHRGED

472 R/T SE

Count on it...and I buy the first round.  :)

:icon_smile_big:  With you two, that would have to be donuts.

Lostsheep

wetfeetmi

I like Grand Nationals too!  I know what you mean about sweat and exhaust! Unless it is cool (under 80 degrees), I can't even get my wife and daughter to get in my car.
Good luck with repairs! Turbos are fascinating devices. Rick

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 14, 2005, 02:04:22 PM
Count on it...and I buy the first round.   :)

:icon_smile_big:   With you two, that would have to be donuts.

Aight...that was funny.  LMAO

ya the GNs are fast.  We used to always have the age old shootout around here between the GN and the 5.0 cars.  Those were some of the best damn races I had seen.  I remeber seeing the a GN for the first time and thinking....Hey look some kid put a muffler on mom's cutlass...then he took off.  The guy still has that car and runs mid 8's with some f'ed up looking Twin turbo set up. 
Doughnuts.....damn smart ass...LoL

Wakko

Donuts....so funny. :)

8s with twin turbo?  That would be Chris Chow.  One of the fastest GNs in the world:

http://www.bgnra.org/Chris_Chow_Dyno_Burn.htm

RD, both doors are fine, the front lip on the driver's side has some minor contact damage, but that's it.  The hood and pass fender are savable too. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

RTPTRON

It is great to hear that you are getting your GN back on the road.  I love my Charger too but, you're right, the GN is a way more user friendly with AC, good gas miledge and fast as hell.  But they don't have that rumble and torque like the 440.

Keep us up to date on your progress.

SuBLimE 69

Holly shet Wakko....thats a bad mofo.  Thats not the same fella.....but damn thats a bad GN....

Nice Charger RIPTRON.  I'd like somemore pics if you have'em.