News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD - List of MoPar parts being discontinued. BUY IT NOW.....

Started by odcics2, February 25, 2020, 02:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteGreat explanation.  I agree.
My question is this:   Are we simply returning to the economic situation we would have been in 75 years ago, had my dad and his buddies not leveled thier global industrial competition( and bankrupted Great Britain in the process) as  senior class trip?  Is "today" what capitalism really looks like?

Thanks.

I think we're already there.  The competing factories are just in southeast Asia now instead of Europe.  

Is this capitalism?  IMO this is corporate rule and inadequate regulation.  We currently get the worst deal on healthcare in the world (not an exaggeration, just data).  There are people caught in credit card interest traps that would impress a mob loan shark.  Many big industries are functioning as monopolies, with a few overgrown companies all working together against the public.  The public even gets the bill for Wall Street's gambling debts when the market crashes.  This is not what healthy free market capitalism looks like.    

IMO the public won't get ahead until a number of changes are made.  Healthcare, tax structure, education, housing costs, etc.  The US public already brings in A LOT of money by worldwide standards.  There is a lot more low-hanging fruit to grab by reducing the costs of living here.  

odcics2

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 02, 2020, 07:43:08 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on March 02, 2020, 09:28:59 AM
Years ago, there was a bunch of teenage girls having a huge yard sale to raise money
for a trip to Africa, to help the less fortunate.   

I said, "Why not drive down to Detroit and help the homeless there?"   

"You'd save time, the price of airfare and it's safer!"   

The looks on their faces were priceless.       
That is some funny shit.
I am doing better financially than I ever have. Unemployment rates are lower than ever. Seems pretty good with me, why change horses when the one you have is doing well? Everyone else running for the job is a complete jackass !

Cuz the horse has bone spurs and won't make it all the way across the river...
That is some funny shit! 
:icon_smile_big:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

b5blue

Why yam on and on about social political conundrums in a topic about car parts? Stupid people get loans they can't repay and know it, they buy stuff they can't afford and know it, they make bad life/personal decisions and know it going in also. No law will ever stop it from happening.
  Most Americans do not fully understand the electoral collage much less business law.  :scratchchin:

odcics2

Quote from: b5blue on March 04, 2020, 10:35:15 AM
  Why yam on and on about social political conundrums in a topic about car parts? Stupid people get loans they can't repay and know it, they buy stuff they can't afford and know it, they make bad life/personal decisions and know it going in also. No law will ever stop it from happening.
  Most Americans do not fully understand the electoral collage much less business law.  :scratchchin:

Because of the 1st Amendment....   This ain't Russia.
It's a thread.   Threads wander.       :yesnod:

Interesting to hear other views on various subjects.......   :Twocents:

odcics2

Chargerguy74

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 02, 2020, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: Montclaire on March 02, 2020, 08:59:20 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 01, 2020, 09:14:02 PM
Hey all;

I'm working on an article for the magazine regarding this right now. I spoke to AMD and they assured me they are not dropping Mopar. They are simply dropping slow-moving items and doubled items and focusing on more in-demand items. As well as they are working on releasing a whole bunch of new Mopar stuff very shortly. I will share the full press release when it's ready to go.  :cheers:

I talked with one of their reps today.  He said that for a lot of what's on the disco'd list, they have quite a bit of stock still on hand and will be keeping the tooling so future stampings are not out of the question.  I know you probably can't spill the beans, but should I hold off on buying the 73/74 Charger tabco skins until after the article comes out?  I could really use full OE quarters. 

I've been told they will be releasing a bunch of new 1973-1974 Charger parts very soon.  I have not been told exactly what though but I'd assume quarters would be at the top of the list.

You just made my day.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Montclaire

From the article:
Quote"While we have expanded our Ford and GM lines recently, we are not giving up on Mopar and will be introducing new panels for 1966-1967 Plymouth B-Bodies and 1973-1974 Chargers in the near future. We are test fitting prototypes now."

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Montclaire

Here's your chance, guys - if you want 73/74 Charger sheetmetal, let AMD know about it! 

Chargerguy74

Just ordered one of every 72 Charger part on the discontinued parts list with a couple duplicates. Not sure exactly what I'll need, but with 2 72 Rallye cars to restore better safe than sorry. Especially with the blow out prices.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

Montclaire

The Plymouth dutchman panels will work for Chargers as well with a few tweaks.  Not on the disco list but something to keep in mind.  I'm hoping for 71-74 roof skins, maybe inner/outer rockers as well.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Montclaire on March 09, 2020, 12:53:37 AM
The Plymouth dutchman panels will work for Chargers as well with a few tweaks.  Not on the disco list but something to keep in mind.  I'm hoping for 71-74 roof skins, maybe inner/outer rockers as well.

I'm definitely hoping for rockers too !!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Dano 1

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Nacho-RT74

discontinued 72 quarter panels BUT suddenly it appears this article from april 2020

so... what do we trust ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chargerguy74

Yeah that was odd. Reran an old article? When did the quarters first come out?

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html