News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This whole General Lee thing is OUT OF CONTROL!! Check this out!

Started by Bluebeast, August 12, 2005, 10:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

myk

BigBadCharger

God, I am so sick of the General lee. Yes it's a Charger but I never understood the who obession. Then, I wen't to the movies to see it, and it was the worst movie ive ever seen. Left at the bar scene, got my money back and never looked back.
How's your wife and my kids?

Dodge-Charger

Quote from: Ghost on August 12, 2005, 10:33:54 PM
Isn't that Travis's car? ???
I check the magic 8 ball and it said " all signs point to YES "  what gave it away ? LOL

check your PMs

myk

Quote from: BigBadCharger on August 12, 2005, 11:37:11 PM
God, I am so sick of the General lee. Yes it's a Charger but I never understood the who obession. Then, I wen't to the movies to see it, and it was the worst movie ive ever seen. Left at the bar scene, got my money back and never looked back.
What I'm sick of is the public, hopping on whatever bandwagon happens to be rolling by touting the latest fad or bit of contraversy.  The General Lee has been around for decades-suddenly it explodes into the forefront of public fanfare because of an over-hyped movie...Disgusting...

SeattleCharger

I don't care if people are jumping on the bandwagon, I hope it makes more people like Chargers and get enjoyment out of seeing them like I do.     I don't know if it was the Dukes show that had to do with me liking Mopars, prob. was more the friends I had and talking about them and liking Challengers and Superbees and Chargers, etc., I am biased toward the Dukes thing because I like Chargers, I liked Blade more than I would have because he had a bad azz black Charger and I loved Bullit seeing the real charger/mustang chase.   Ok, so I don't care so much if the star of the movie is a ford or chevy, but seeing any muscle car in a movie is cool.  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Drache

There's a topic about this on the automotive board. Check out GL Jump car on ebay or some title like that!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BigBadCharger on August 12, 2005, 11:37:11 PM
Then, I wen't to the movies to see it, and it was the worst movie ive ever seen. Left at the bar scene, got my money back and never looked back.
Wow. :image_294343:

Are you sure it's the WORST movie you've seen?? Like...worse than "The Crying Game"?? :puke:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChargerBill

C'mon guys, don't you think you're going a little overboard on the General Lee "hate" thing? I mean, it's a muscle car, it's a Charger and it's an American Icon...literally. It was all these things long before the remake came out, and it will continue to be so for years to come. In fact, it is probably the most recognizable auto in TV and movie history, period. To tell you the truth, there was once a time when I ccould have never seen another one and been happy, but honestly, it has really grown on me more and more in the last 5 years or so. I watched the Dukes when i was a kid, but it was the movie Bullitt that made me fall in love with the Charger.

Think about it...when you flip through the channels and catch a glimpse of the General jumping through the air on CMT, don't you instantly pause for a moment and watch...and grin? :icon_smile_big: You can say you hate the General Lee all you want, but I really believe you just hate what pop culture has done to it's legacy...admit it...the car is awesome!! :yesnod:
Life is a highway...

SuBLimE 69

Personally I think Travis was a smart mofo for snatching that car up... I hope the museum that is bidding wins.  Thats were she belongs...atleast its not getting crushed.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

ChargerBill

Travis is a different  story...I wouldn't give him the sweat off...

ANYWHOOO, the hobby wouldn't be any worse off in his absence....IMH(umble)O... :rotz:
Life is a highway...

wLc

Quote from: ChargerBill on August 13, 2005, 02:19:35 PM
Travis is a different   story...I wouldn't give him the sweat off...

ANYWHOOO, the hobby wouldn't be any worse off in his absence....IMH(umble)O... :rotz:
Why the hate towards Trav?
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

69RealGL

Hey WLc

Goes to show you how smart this guy is ,doesnt even now which Travis  people are talking about  ,its not the  La  Travis  its in the In  Travis  .
  Some people  .......Just got nothing better to do  .

Later

K.c 

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBadCharger

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 13, 2005, 06:45:55 PM
i never got the gl thing and i never will

I agree, but it's important to some people. Yeah, the General is cool, and it's a Charger, but im not a good ol boy. ;)
How's your wife and my kids?

Troy

Quote from: ChargerBill on August 13, 2005, 02:19:35 PM
Travis is a different  story...I wouldn't give him the sweat off...

You talking about Travis Bell or the Travis on the board (69charger2002)? Travis from this board is the one selling the car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ChargerBill

Oooops, my bad guys. :icon_smile_blackeye: The link didn't work for me and I figured you must have been talking about Travis Bell.

Sorry Trav, didn't mean any disrespect bud.  :icon_smile_wink:
Life is a highway...

Bluebeast

Don't get me wrong, I like the Dukes (TV show) and the General Lee. The thing I CANNOT understand is anyone paying so much money for a car that has no engine or tranny and is wrecked all to Hell! I understand it is a movie car, but I simply can't fathom why anyone would pay so much for so little.  ???
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

Dodge-Charger

SeattleCharger

hehe, you found almost the same thing for half the price, and its brand new.   I have looked through that JC Whitney catalog before, they have tons of stuff, good prices, haven't ordered anything though. 

dkn1997

I am not personally into the GL either, but my dad did have the chance to buy an original  car from the original series back in 1991.  he saw it in a body shop in florida.   It was a running/driving GL with all sorts of brackets on it, presumably for camera mounting.  guy wanted 5 grand for it and my dad thought it was too much.....  probably get 20 for it now.....
RECHRGED

Headrope

Quote from: Gandalf-the-Grey on August 14, 2005, 04:16:12 AM
and just to show how out of hand it has got there is a 5 horn " Dixie " set on Ebay right now for 112 some odd dollars.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4567285832&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

OK who is it here that loves to say " Google " ?  
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009059/c-10101/p-2009059/N-111+10201+600002599/tf-Browse/Ns-p_MIN_PRICE|1/s-10101     :rotz:

When I first saw the auction I was this close (imagine me pinching my forefinger and thumb together) to asking the seller a question: "What makes your set of horns different than those that J.C. Whitney sells for $50?" - but then I figured if people are ignorant enough to bid  up to $112 for it, well - they deserve to pay that much.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

SeattleCharger

Buy the JC Whitney one and sell it on ebay as "unopened general lee horn still in box", a hundred bucks.   Might work.   Then just order the JC Whitney one after you get the ebay dough, no risk.   Or return the JC Whitney one (lose shipping though.)   hmm, Ok, let us know if this works if anyone does it, and send me a cut. j k