News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear upper pad removal

Started by Finoke, February 23, 2020, 08:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finoke

Hi Guys,
What is the trick to removing the rear interior upper pads? Are they clipped on like the front upper door pads?
Thx
Tom

green69rt

There should be two screws, one on the very front edge, at the top.  One in the middle at the back of the pad, in the middle of the flat area.  It will be under the top portion of the rear seat cushion.  Unscrew those.  Then there are four "push-in" retainers (upholstery retainers) along the bottom edge of the pad.  The pad hooks over the window slot sheet metal so pull out the bottom of the pad so the retainers clear their holes and slide the pad forward to release it from the rear of the window opening, lift off.  When you pull it out, at the bottom, you should be able to look up underneath and see the retainers.

First pic shows the screw hole that's at the back of the pad, easy to find.  I don't have a pic of the front hole.
Second pic shows the back of the pad and a couple of the upholstery retainers sticking out. (Ignore my finger.)

Finoke

Thx Mitch! I removed the divider strip then I got under the clips and removed it. The clips were really in there.

5wndwcpe

Tom, are you tearing that car down ?

Finoke

Quote from: 5wndwcpe on February 23, 2020, 08:12:29 PM
Tom, are you tearing that car down ?

I'm going over to a white interior.  I just had the car repainted red. It was light gold and faded. But a very straight car.

5wndwcpe

Finoke

5wndwcpe

Finoke

Quote from: 5wndwcpe on February 25, 2020, 06:17:21 AM
Pottstown

Awesome, let me know if you ever need anything. I'm not that far away.  :2thumbs:

green69rt

Quote from: Finoke on February 23, 2020, 02:09:09 PM
Thx Mitch! I removed the divider strip then I got under the clips and removed it. The clips were really in there.

In regard to those clips.  They can be really brittle and break or get bent during installation.  Keep some extra on hand when you start to put things back together.  They're pretty cheap.

Here's one place...
https://www.hooverautoparts.com/products/Clips%20and%20Fasteners/DPCLP.php

Finoke

Quote from: green69rt on February 25, 2020, 03:34:25 PM
Quote from: Finoke on February 23, 2020, 02:09:09 PM

In regard to those clips.  They can be really brittle and break or get bent during installation.  Keep some extra on hand when you start to put things back together.  They're pretty cheap.

Here's one place...
https://www.hooverautoparts.com/products/Clips%20and%20Fasteners/DPCLP.php

thx Mitch!