News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Searching for a '68 Charger

Started by MagnumMan68!, September 03, 2019, 02:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

70B5Cuda

[/quote]

How hard is it for these guys to do something simple like throw a tarp over it, jeez...
[/quote]

I don't think tarps are very healthy for them either since they trap moisture. Tarps can do some nasty things, especially in humid climates. I'd rather it sit in the open then be under a tarp.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Ghoste

Im not a big fan of tarps either.   The wind moves them and they rub paint off.  I don't know, maybe they're great but Im not a fan.

70 sublime

Quote from: Ghoste on March 16, 2020, 05:18:05 AM
Im not a big fan of tarps either.   The wind moves them and they rub paint off.  I don't know, maybe they're great but Im not a fan.

No tarp
One winter I had to keep a project Charger outside under a tarp
The wind and the grit blowing around and moving the tarp took the paint off the roof on all 4 corners
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

myk

I dont like tarps either but it's better than leaving the car outside , completely unprotected.   I have a friend facing a $120,000 restoration bill because he completely disapproves of tarps and car covers,  but always KNEW he would get to fixing the car SOMEDAY...