News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Damn id love this!

Started by jefferson, February 09, 2020, 07:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferson

Would love to restore this 69! .  :drool5:

jefferson

:drool5:

Mytur Binsdirti

Burnt up dash pad, shreaded seats, rot in the hood, rot in the wheelhouse, rot in front of the rear tire & rot all around the wheel lip molding. With it sitting in the dirt & that much rot visible in those two pictures, one can only imagine what the frame rails and floor looks like.....if there's anything left of them.

Looks like an excellent parts car though.

Mike DC

QuoteBurnt up dash pad, shreaded seats, rot in the hood, rot in the wheelhouse, rot in front of the rear tire & rot all around the wheel lip molding. With it sitting in the dirt & that much rot visible in those two pictures, one can only imagine what the frame rails and floor looks like.....if there's anything left of them.

Not everyone wants a done car. 

Gregory

I agree... I thinks it a great candidate to restore. But, then again, I say that about every charger.  :shruggy:

F8-4life

Good project, looks like a plain state find.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 09, 2020, 10:41:42 AM
QuoteBurnt up dash pad, shreaded seats, rot in the hood, rot in the wheelhouse, rot in front of the rear tire & rot all around the wheel lip molding. With it sitting in the dirt & that much rot visible in those two pictures, one can only imagine what the frame rails and floor looks like.....if there's anything left of them.

Who said anything about buying a done car/? I'm talking about not buying a (potential) rot box.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 09, 2020, 12:17:58 PM

Who said anything about buying a done car/? I'm talking about not buying a (potential) rot box.

True Dat.

Lennard

You should know by now that this rich ......... doesn't like anything that is not parked in his garage.

JR

Quote from: Lennard on February 09, 2020, 12:37:45 PM

You should know by now that this rich ......... doesn't like anything that is not parked in his garage.

I've been reading every post from him in this voice. It makes the constant "good parts car" comments more tolerable.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Mike DC

QuoteWho said anything about buying a done car/? I'm talking about not buying a (potential) rot box.

It's not 1982 anymore.  You don't find complete unrestored project cars without rust problems.   The zero-rust cars were restored a long time ago.  

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

chargervert

He enjoys taking a steaming Poupon most Charger project cars!

JB400

Without seeing under hood or the interior, looks like it might be fairly complete.

spoolinhard

So what's the story on this car?

kab69440

Looks similar to how my car was when original. (even down to the early production black button doorhandle) Any info on the fender tag?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

bigdsul

I'm interested in knowing more about the car as well. If its for sale and where its located.

Mytur Binsdirti

hemi-hampton

Compared to the Rust Buckets I'm used to seeing here in Detroit area that thing looks pretty solid & good start for a Resto. Every body has seen people on here try to Restore worse off Cars. If I had Money I'd Buy it. LEON.