News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 speckled rubber mat question

Started by DoubleDlover, September 09, 2020, 09:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

So i have a blue rubber mat out of a 70 Belvedere. The whole floor pan one. front to back. Its not perfect. It does have some cracks here and there. But ive seen a LOT worse. So i had 2 questions. Do any of you guys think even if its not perfect. So you think its worth the effort trying to sell this thing? Or would most of you want perfect or forget it.... And second. If no one wants it... Would the factory padding glued to the back of it have some value? I dont know if its reproduced. Maybe someone might need the pad?? thanks r

6bblgt

Road Runner always had carpet STANDARD, so it would be from a Belvedere

DoubleDlover

ok. So do you have any input on what the questions are? thanks r

Mike DC

Is anyone reproducing a whole-floor rubber mat these days? 

69bfan

ACC Carpets makes the rubber mats.  It is basically the same methods of molding the carpet sets, but it is the heavier rubber material.  It does not have the speckled coloring as the originals, but most people do not have the knowledge to distinguish the differences in coloring and textures of the mats.

In regards to the original question, I would be worried that when the mat is removed, it will only crack more.  If you were to roll it up for shipping purposes, then I would be very worried.  The jute backing if in really nice condition would be of value to someone building an OE level car as the assembly line jute has not been available for many years.

I am sure that there would be someone out there with the need for the covering, but finding that person and arranging shipping and delivery in my opinion will be an exhaustive procedure.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

GMP440

Quote from: DoubleDlover on September 09, 2020, 09:52:39 PM
So i have a blue rubber mat out of a 70 Belvedere. The whole floor pan one. front to back. Its not perfect. It does have some cracks here and there. But ive seen a LOT worse. So i had 2 questions. Do any of you guys think even if its not perfect. So you think its worth the effort trying to sell this thing? Or would most of you want perfect or forget it.... And second. If no one wants it... Would the factory padding glued to the back of it have some value? I dont know if its reproduced. Maybe someone might need the pad?? thanks r

At first, I thought you may have been referring to the colored , front and rear rubber floor mats that is easily removable.  I am familiar with the typical black ,rubber textured floormat that covers the whole front and rear floorpan,  but I have never seen one in any other color than black.  Can you show pics of that?
     Back to the topic,  as someone stated previously; it would be a tough task to find that buyer that is looking for that particular mat.  There is really no one beating the doors down
  for those rubber mats.  However , I bet there is someone out the looking for one. 
  Start by advertising with pictures in the parts for sale section of this site, Moparts.comForbbodies.com and ebay as well to see what kind of response you get.

DoubleDlover

69bfan   Wow that was one of the best responces ive ever seen!!! LOL I learned more from you and that answer then ever!...  ok So here are some pics. Like i said. Its not perfect. But its stile pliable. I beleave if i rolled it up loosely not super tight like a damm taquito it would be ok. So who knows. even with the damage it might have value to someone. Isnt it better to do this then just post hey!!! I had this and tossed it in the garbage... LOL You will for sure get the "hey i would have paid you good money for that ive been looking for that for 50 years." GMP440 thanks for your ideas as well. LOL  

DoubleDlover

more