News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any members near Minot N.D.? *UPDATE*

Started by TruckDriver, May 11, 2006, 07:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I'm thinking about buying this. But since he will not ship it, I need someone to pick it up for me, and then if you could, see what it would cost to have it shipped. I might be able to even have someone from our company get a truck up there to get it. But I wanna know if some one can help me out before I commit to anything. It is exactly what I need, and even in white and from a '72. :yesnod:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4638855756&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blown70

There are a couple.

I am in Fargo,  I think Darkness is there.

Tom

topduarte

Steve (Darkness) is in Minot also.

I bet he will see this soon and reply. ;D

Darkness

DodgeChargerGuy,

Hi, I can pick it up for you but, the problem is I don't have anything to crate it with at this point? I don't know if UPS or whoever would provide me with a crate but, the problem there is they could charge me a butload of money for the crate. Now, we have two people who ship out of this town and that was the afforementioned UPS and Fedex. Personally, I like UPS better but, that's just me talking. Let me know what you want to do. Also, I can hold it in storage for while if you want to have one of your company guys come pick it up. Just let me know how you want to work this.

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Arigmaster

I will see if I have any trucks inbound to Milwaukee. I won't know till tomorrow afternoon. If I do, there will be no need to crate it.

AL

TruckDriver

Cool! Just so you know, I am going to let the auction run its coarse. I rather not pay the $299 buy it now price. And, if someone does get it before me, so be it. My budget is tight right now cause were still not getting much over time, otherwise I would own it already.
PETE

chargerkid

That looks like a really nice piece.  Thanks I am going to bid on it.  Just kidding.  That is actually owned by Wyatt.  He bought a 72 rallye from me years ago.  I met him in Wisconsin to deliver the car.  I think his sister lives in Wisconsin.  Maybe work something out with him on that.  He's a good guy to work with.  Good luck.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Darkness on May 11, 2006, 05:31:49 PM
DodgeChargerGuy,

Hi, I can pick it up for you but, the problem is I don't have anything to crate it with at this point? I don't know if UPS or whoever would provide me with a crate but, the problem there is they could charge me a butload of money for the crate. Now, we have two people who ship out of this town and that was the afforementioned UPS and Fedex. Personally, I like UPS better but, that's just me talking. Let me know what you want to do. Also, I can hold it in storage for while if you want to have one of your company guys come pick it up. Just let me know how you want to work this.

its easy to build a crate.  I go to home depot and buy some 1x1x8' boards.  they have then next to the 2x4's for about a buck each.  Buy a box of 2-1/2" screws.  start by making a bottom frame and then a top frame to match, then cut legs for the middle, screw it all together and cover it with cardboard if you want.   I've shipped fenders this way and it costs me $20 in materials and less than a hour to make.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Arigmaster

I have 2 trucks outbound Monday. One is heading for Oregon and the other to Colorado. I spoke to both drivers today and have them checking their routes.  All will depend on if our interstate Dispatcher finds them a back haul going back through the area.

I have a hood that I've been trying to get out to Maine from Milwaukee, A trunk lid in Phoenix, AZ and a window plug in Dacula, GA. waiting for the next trucks in bound into Milwaukee.

3 out of 22 ain't bad so far.... Just have to match the opportunities with the trucks & Driver.

AL

Darkness

Thanks Pocket. I'll see DodgeChargerGuy wants to do. I see there is some time left on it so we'll see.

TruckDriver

Whelp, I messed up. I thought the auction ended tonight, and it actually ended this morning :rant: :brickwall: I was going to check it this morning too, but forgot. But I wanted to say thank to you guys that offered to help me out. If he runs it again, I'm going to try again.  :P
PETE

Darkness

Why not ask the guy if he still has it and wants to sell. That's what I did for a steering wheel for my Dakota Vert.

TruckDriver

Like I said in the begining of this post, I was thinking about getting it. As much as I need it, it's not a top prioity yet. But I will try again if I see it again. But that was the purpose of this post, to see if I was going to be able to have someone help me out if I do get it.
PETE