News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 318 super bee

Started by 74340charger, May 15, 2006, 07:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74340charger

I met a guy that had just bought a Cornet Super Bee. When I asked him about it, he said he was looking for a 70 440 cause his had a 318. Why in the world would any one put a 318 in their super bee? I know the guy didn't, but the previuse owner did, and I think I hate him for it. By the way, if you're the guy that I talked to (we both live in Grant) my email is dallascarter18@yahoo.com I know where you can score a 383, but you'd have to pick it up.

Dallas

89MOPAR

* The super bee was an option package on the coronet bodystyle

* Coronet also had option packages called the "440 "  and the "500" . They were basically trim and accesory packages and not engine/ drivetrain packages.

* Most Coronet 440's  and Coronet 500's  probably did come with the 318 motor.

Your new friend probably just bought a coronet, but wishes it was a super bee version.....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

TheGhost

I don't know, there iss a local 70 Coronet R/T ragtop, that currently has a 383 in it....  It's not a 318, but still....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

262chargers

I had a 69 Super Bee a long time ago, I took out the 383, tore it down, took the block and heads to a machine shop and the shop closed and my motor disappeared. I had a 69 Coronet 4 door that I bought as a parts car, with a running 318, I put the 318 in the Super Bee so I could cruise it for the summer. Over the next winter a nasty 413 founds it way into the Bee, what a car that was....
Anythings possible, but why would you say you think you hate the guy? That sounds down right childish  :Twocents:

74340charger

I am childish, but I have dreams about these cars, and none of them involve a 318. and it was a joke. But that sucks about your 383 leaving. I had a guy steal my distributor and one spark plug. go figure.

JimShine

The Super Bee package gives you a 383 as a base. Never a small block. But I know many guys who call all Coronets Super Bee's and all Satellites Roadrunners.

I love these cars too, but I don't care for the 70 Coronet 440 and Super Bee talpanel. Looks bland. I love the 500 and R/T style though.

41husk

If it is a real bee someone more than likely blew the big block and installed a running 318 or sold it as a roller to someone who had a running 318 to install.  I would rather have a real bee with a 318 in it than a 318 car with bee badges.  :Twocents: easy to put a 383 or 440 in and walla!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Goldfinger71

:iagree:Yea...what Husk' said! :yesnod:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

JimShine

BigBlackDodge

Never underestimate a 318. :yesnod:

BBD

6pkrunner

These cars were meant to be beat on and beat on they were. Not many made it through with their original engine. When you toasted the original, you had to get something to get the thing going again. Availability was the buzzword. So there's a 318 around and no 383s or 440s to replace the original 383. Get the 318 in there to get going again. The vast majority of these cars had their engines swapped so something had to go back in there.

74340charger

Thank you guys, that's why I'm here, to learn about cars 25 years older than me.