News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Most interesting optioned second Generation you have seen

Started by XS29LA47V21, January 07, 2020, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiMopar

Everyone appears to be assuming that these cars were ordered by 'someone'. What about 'Dealer stock' cars? How/ who/ what created them?

moparfan53

Quote from: TiMopar on February 03, 2020, 08:48:36 AM
Everyone appears to be assuming that these cars were ordered by 'someone'. What about 'Dealer stock' cars? How/ who/ what created them?

At the dealership I work at, vehicles for stock / our inventory, are ordered by the sales dept manager or a salesman he asks to place an order. They order what they think will sell. I assume that is the common way it is done.

:cheers:

TiMopar

Quote from: moparfan53 on February 08, 2020, 10:06:04 AM

At the dealership I work at, vehicles for stock / our inventory, are ordered by the sales dept manager or a salesman he asks to place an order. They order what they think will sell. I assume that is the common way it is done.

Thank you for the information, I always wondered this...

chargervert

Quote from: moparfan53 on February 08, 2020, 10:06:04 AM

I had a 70 Charger R / T that was a loaded car that was dealer ordered to be the showroom floor eye candy piece. It was a plum crazy purple car with a white top,tail stripe, and interior. It had AC,power windows, six way seat,painted racing mirrors, 15 inch rallye wheels, go wing,AM 8 track radio,V21 and V24 hood treatment too. The sticker was $5200.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: chargervert on February 10, 2020, 08:41:27 AM

I had a 70 Charger R / T that was a loaded car that was dealer ordered to be the showroom floor eye candy piece. It was a plum crazy purple car with a white top,tail stripe, and interior. It had AC,power windows, six way seat,painted racing mirrors, 15 inch rallye wheels, go wing,AM 8 track radio,V21 and V24 hood treatment too. The sticker was $5200.

And you sold such a beautiful car for what reason?

chargervert

It was a rusty New England car that a tree fell on,so I used it to build the Charger convertible! Had I known that sheetmetal would be available to save the car back in the late eighties, I probably would have stashed it away and restored it.

70B5Cuda

I've had a couple odd ones.
One was a 1968 with 331 (R4) paint and burgundy interior. It was stripped with manual brakes, manual steering, no AC, etc.

The other was a 1968 H code with cruise control, rear defroster, burgundy paint, white interior, and black vinyl top
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on February 10, 2020, 05:40:42 PM
I've had a couple odd ones.
One was a 1968 with 331 (R4) paint and burgundy interior. It was stripped with manual brakes, manual steering, no AC, etc.

The other was a 1968 H code with cruise control, rear defroster, burgundy paint, white interior, and black vinyl top

I have some photos somewhere but in the early 90s I had for couple years a 69 B5, H code, 4spd, AC (could not get an RT 4spde w/AC).  First time my then girlfriend (no wife) ever drove a charger and was accelerated crazy hitting 3rd gear... towards a culvert bridge..... had to yell at her to slow down.  Her response was something of the sorts "I thought Chargers could be jumped..."   I think the car went up to Ohio as I recall.  Always wondered what ever became of it.. Cool car.