News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first dragrace ever..

Started by Reidar, May 15, 2006, 03:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reidar

Hi guys!

This weekend I drove my first ever dragrace. Drove the -68 200km to the track, raced it and drove 200km back home! Streetlegal, baby! ;)
There were 13 cars in the bracketclass. I actually got all the way to the final! Did a bad run and ended up on second place. But it was FUN! :)

My best time was 9.4 (1/8 mile). I think thats pretty ok condsidering I didnt have slicks, and my trans needs an overhaul.

If anyone is interested there are more pics and movies on www.dodgecharger.no

Regards, Reidar

Ghoste

Cool.  I'm guessing that wasn't your bad run.

limey

You show that 'stang!
Looks like you had a great day! 400km for 9.4 seconds of thrills.....thats what its all about mate...
L
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice vids.....

One thing though.....street tires and running through the water box :rotz:

I also love how that little girl is allowed on the "track" right behind your car as your doing a burnout :eek:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Reidar

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 15, 2006, 08:39:47 AM
Nice vids.....

One thing though.....street tires and running through the water box :rotz:

I also love how that little girl is allowed on the "track" right behind your car as your doing a burnout :eek:

With my bad tires it all just for show.. ;)

Yeah the crowd were standing right behind the startplate.. Almost had to honk the horn to get up to the tree!
But I guess its better with an interested crowd than no crowd at all..

Reidar

BigBlockSam

you got him rite from the beginning, way to go. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

firefighter3931

Looks like fun !  :icon_smile_big: Now you're hooked....the downward spiral begins  :devil:

Not bad for a first showing.....the 9.4 works out to a mid 14 sec 1/4mile ET. Dang, it looked COLD wherever you were...which doesn't help a street tire hook up at all.  ;) Like Chris said ; avoid the water with grooved street tires and it'll launch better.

The Charger looks great...good job on the MouseTang  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs