News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stoopid Question,... err,..

Started by Brock Samson, May 15, 2006, 11:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

being new to these third gens and all,... where's the flasher switch located?..  ???

Nacho-RT74

do you mean hazzads swicth ?
on steering column... diagonally to ignition switch. If your car is lightning package equipped is side by side of courtesy key light. To turn on, you just pull off

Flasher is located on a clip on steering column/brake pedal brackets assembly... if your car doesn't have missed anything and all clips are located on right places. If you have missed the clip then flasher is hanging around that area LOL...

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RD

some didnt come with flashers I believe.  I have a 71 column that has a plastic plug in place where the flasher switch should be... first time I ever saw that one.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

I've got a dumb question too. Who the hell is Harvey Birdman and why did you decide to name yourself after him?

Headrope

It's too easy a shot to not take ... you're right, Bull. You did have a dumb question. :icon_smile_big:
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: RD on May 16, 2006, 12:44:15 AM
some didnt come with flashers I believe.  I have a 71 column that has a plastic plug in place where the flasher switch should be... first time I ever saw that one.

Do you mean THIS plastic plug ? This is a pic of my car when was blue interior and column. I removed that plastic plug to install the key courtesy light... I doubt some one didn't come with hazzard switch since is part of turning light switch assembly... but... ??? who knows... If you say...

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Arthu®

Wouldn't hazzard lights be mandatory?

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

limey

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on May 16, 2006, 06:27:41 AM
Wouldn't hazzard lights be mandatory?

Arthur

I think it depends on where you are....it would certainly be compulsory for us in Europe, Arthur...
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

mikepmcs

Quote from: bull on May 16, 2006, 01:20:46 AM
I've got a dumb question too. Who the hell is Harvey Birdman and why did you decide to name yourself after him?

Harvey Birdman, the superhero formerly known as Birdman, is now practicing (and dimwitted) lawyer. His cases always involve legal disputes between cartoon chracters. Past cases involve custody of Jonny Quest, a copyright infringement case between the Chan Clan and Jabberjaw, and Fred Flintstone's possible mob connections.

Animated character been around for a while, i think you can find more info on his character through adultswim.com

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

as regards the harvey birdman character,..
In the opening credits his '71 Road Runner with a '70 firebird trans am "Screaming Chicken" on the hood is prominatly featured,.. it sure looks alot like my newest addition,.. being gold and all,..
during scene changes it is often shown cutting diagonally across the screen,..
I'm toying with the idea of getting the poncho decal and adding it to the hood of the runner since it's such an inside joke... It's a Cable TV thing Bull.
  Then when i show up at the Mopar Alley Rally the first week in June, in the birdman costume,... Oh, You may laugh now...
  It's funny but my gf really likes the runner... she thinks the little birds all over are cute. That car really scoots, im quite impressed really, the 340 pulls like a BB but there's no plow and feels really well balanced like a good throwing knife,.. chirps the tires nearly as easily as the BB too...

73ChargerSE

What is the black round plug/knob located next to the hazard switch?  It doesn't seem to do anything in my car.

TheGhost

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on May 16, 2006, 12:41:52 PMIn the opening credits his '71 Road Runner with a '70 firebird trans am "Screaming Chicken" on the hood is prominatly featured,.. it sure looks alot like my newest addition,.. being gold and all,..

Sigh.... 72 RoadRunner, strat, 72.  It has the split grill, which only the 72 RRs had.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Nacho-RT74

It looks we are missing the topic :P

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on May 16, 2006, 04:41:03 PM
What is the black round plug/knob located next to the hazard switch?  It doesn't seem to do anything in my car.

next to hazzard swith you can have two things, both are showed on pics I posted.

-First one ( black steering column ) you find the key in courtesy light, what is turned on on pic. Gets on when you open the door or turns on the dome light, and turns off after afew seconds close the doors or turns of the dome light, same as seatbelt warning light up to mids 73 models. Is controlled by a cilinder 3 prongs flasher that I can post a Pic if you want. Uses a 1445 bulb. You can remove the round "cup" what is no more that just a cover over the bulb and socket, AND WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE BULB AND REPLACE.

-Second one ( blue steering column, same mine before gets black on first pic ). When you didn't want or doesn't have the key courtesy light that empy space is filled by a palstic plug THAT IS NOT REMOVABLE JUST PULLING OUT, since is bolted on interior of steering column, using same bolt and hole that key courtesy light socket would use.