News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Escape from New York.

Started by Bluestar, May 14, 2006, 02:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluestar

was on cable TV yesterday and since it is an older movie with lots of wrecked cars in it I was looking for MOPARS.  The only one I could say I saw without a doubt was a 3rd generation Charger at the end of the bridge where they get the President out of New York.  In fact Kurt Russell runs across the roof and jump off of the trunk onto the bad guy during the climactic fight scene.

Just thought I'd share.  I did not get the VIN :)

Crazy Larry

Dude, that is OUTSTANDING leg work - I'll go grab the DVD and check it out.

Another Charger appearance to chalk up on the list.

rock on!

:punkrocka:

MetallicA

there was also a red 68 in house of wax

Crazy Larry

here you go......

from "Escape from New York"

Can anyone tell what year?
'73 or '74 is my best guess, but not a clear shot of the grille

WM23N1

1971 SE or a 500. It has buckets or the split bench with armrest and trim for a full vinyl top. Its hard to see but it looks like it has louvered taillights that were standard on the 500.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Bluestar on May 14, 2006, 02:46:33 PM
was on cable TV yesterday and since it is an older movie with lots of wrecked cars in it I was looking for MOPARS.  The only one I could say I saw without a doubt was a 3rd generation Charger at the end of the bridge where they get the President out of New York.  In fact Kurt Russell runs across the roof and jump off of the trunk onto the bad guy during the climactic fight scene.

Just thought I'd share.  I did not get the VIN :)

Just a little trivia here...That Bridge scene was filmed on the old Chain of Rocks bridge, on the old Route 66 just north of St. Louis...

dkn1997

Larry, how about a screen shot of Adrienne Barbou's large heaving breasts?
RECHRGED

Crazy Larry

Quote from: WM23N1 on May 14, 2006, 07:48:31 PM
1971 SE or a 500. It has buckets or the split bench with armrest and trim for a full vinyl top. Its hard to see but it looks like it has louvered taillights that were standard on the 500.

So it's safe to say its a 1971 Charger?
I'll try to lighten up the back end pic and see if there are louvered tailights.

Crazy Larry

Quote from: dkn1997 on May 14, 2006, 10:56:10 PM
Larry, how about a screen shot of Adrienne Barbou's large heaving breasts?

That John Carpenter was a luck guy......

:icon_smile_tongue: