News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 Chevelle falls off car trailer on freeway

Started by BLK 68 R/T, September 06, 2019, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

JB400

ACUDANUT

Doesn't look the truck that hit it slowed down, even for a second. :brickwall:

Mike DC

QuoteDoesn't look the truck that hit it slowed down, even for a second. brickwall

Yeah, but we had warning.  We started watching that clip expecting to see an unmanned Chevelle in the road at any second.    

The Chevelle would have looked like a piloted car changing lanes until pretty late in the game.  The camera car should have braked but I'm not surprised they didn't.  

The Chevelle was toast either way.  Most of the damage came from whacking the guardrail/wall laterally and that was gonna happen anyway.  The rearend of the Chevelle isn't very bent.  

F8-4life

70 sublime

Big picture  Just glad it was not a Charger  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks like the guy with the camera would have had time to avoid it, but I guess he didn't see it coming. Musta been texting.

Todd Wilson

A shame to see an old car wadded up due to stupidity! I have seen many people hook one chain or cable to a car or simply use the winch cable and go.

Todd

Ghoste

Thats for sure.  Properly tied down at each end and check it after a few miles down the road to make sure nothing is coming loose.

4cruzin

I am typically very nervous when I tow one of my cars, a lot of things to check and watch.  Certainly check to make sure everything it still tight about 1/2 hour into the trip! 

That is a towing nightmare!   :eek2:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Aero426

Quote from: 4cruzin on September 09, 2019, 11:05:06 AM
Certainly check to make sure everything it still tight about 1/2 hour into the trip! 

Yep, I like to check the straps at the first stop.  Usually get a click out of them.

Mike DC

The guy in the video probably didn't even bother to secure the car well when he first loaded it, never mind re-checking it later.  That's usually how these things happen. 

I'll bet he secures his next car pretty well.   

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 09, 2019, 05:49:00 PM

The guy in the video probably didn't even bother to secure the car well when he first loaded it, never mind re-checking it later.  That's usually how these things happen. 

I'll bet he secures his next car pretty well.   

Oh yeah!! :cheers:

chargervert

The guy in the truck probably saved the car from a head on hit with the bridge abutment by hitting it! It looks like it can be fixed.

Edgarivan

Oh no ! He forgot to say  THIS ISN'T GOING ANYWERE!  while he was tightening the strap  :brickwall:

Brass

Quote from: Edgarivan on September 20, 2019, 11:58:29 AM
Oh no ! He forgot to say  THIS ISN'T GOING ANYWERE!  while he was tightening the strap  :brickwall:

But now, just about everyone can make the tired, obligatory remark that IT'LL BUFF OUT.  ::)

nvrbdn

Oh, that just sucks. And even though the guy didn't strap it well enough to make the trip, he saw what happened behind him. That is going to be in his dreams for months.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RallyeMike

Here was the conversation in the truck cab:

"Hey Bob. That Chevelle passing us on the left looks just like yours."
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

erndog

a good driver could have avoided that in fact had he slowed down he could have easily saved that car from destruction by slowly easing the car into the grass area

Mike DC

Old thread.        

Quotea good driver could have avoided that in fact had he slowed down he could have easily saved that car from destruction by slowly easing the car into the grass area

Nah, the old Chevy was crunched no matter what.  It was already rolling straight at the wall before the camera car bumped it.

AKcharger