News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger acquisition, version 2.0

Started by smithenhiven, August 24, 2019, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithenhiven

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on September 04, 2019, 04:14:10 PM
What I love most, the interior color!!!

I was thinking I wasn't the biggest fan of Burnt Orange, but considering how good of condition most of the interior is, I think I can become a fan real quick.

The rear seats in this car are nicer than my R/T.  Just a couple impression/creases, which I think will come out with a little heat massage; the dash has no cracks, console is complete with no damage, driver door panel is decent; all in all, with a little elbow grease most/all of the interior will clean up to driver quality condition, with the exception of the front seats which need recovered, the passenger door panel which needs replaced, and the headliner which is mostly missing.  I got lucky too in that the steering wheel has no cracks. 

ACUDANUT

Kern Dog

It is a curious thing....East coast and Northern cars are usually rusty as hell with the interiors still reasonably nice while the West coast and Southern cars have solid metal with burned out interiors.

VegasCharger

Nice car. :2thumbs:

Nice score. :2thumbs:

Just curious, when you went to rent out the U Haul trailer did they know that you were putting a 1970 Charger on it?

I've had some experiences where the U Haul operator denied me of hauling some 1968-70 B Body 4 door parts cars on them.

She said their system didn't go back that far for model years. WTF :brickwall:

Nacho-RT74

there is one 70 R/T 4 speeds being sold in Spain with the orange interior... I love it, they are really uncommon.

( buckets are not the correct ones thought )

https://www.milanuncios.com/dodge-de-segunda-mano/dodge-charger-rt-440-v8-1970-230805030.htm
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

jefferson

They sure had some whacky colours come out in 1970, burnt orange, panther pink, lime green
compared to 68 and 69, what was the reason for it?

smithenhiven

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 05, 2019, 04:03:36 AM

Just curious, when you went to rent out the U Haul trailer did they know that you were putting a 1970 Charger on it?

I've had some experiences where the U Haul operator denied me of hauling some 1968-70 B Body 4 door parts cars on them.

Well, when I called uhaul, they asked what was going on the trailer.  I told them a 1970 Dodge Charger.  They said "we're sorry, but that car is too large for our car trailer, we cant rent it to you".

I tried calling back, to say its actually a Dart, but since the quote was already started as a Charger, they said they'll assume im actually towing a Charger and still wont let me rent it.

So I had to have the wife call and tell them we'd be hauling a Honda Civic.  Probably not the best way to get a uhaul,...had an accident occurred Im sure I would have been screwed; but until I get my own car trailer I dont mind telling uhaul a little white lie, or rather a big orange one, lol

chargervert

I think you did really well on the car,you don't get much second generation Charger these days for under ten grand!

timmycharger

INTMD8

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 05, 2019, 01:07:06 AM
It is a curious thing....East coast and Northern cars are usually rusty as hell with the interiors still reasonably nice while the West coast and Southern cars have solid metal with burned out interiors.

Agree.  Pacific Northwest seems to be the best of both. 
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

smithenhiven

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 05, 2019, 12:56:13 AM
Whoa, are the floors toasted ?

Yeah pretty much, car will need trunk pan and floor pans, as well as torsion boxes. 

Challenger340

Quote from: INTMD8 on September 05, 2019, 02:05:25 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on September 05, 2019, 01:07:06 AM

Agree.  Pacific Northwest seems to be the best of both. 

Southern Interior BC Canada desert.... and much cooler up north so it maintained things like rubbers, vinyls, window felts along with the sheet metal.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Kern Dog

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 05, 2019, 04:03:36 AM

I always tell them that I am towing a 70 Dart. The rental place I use is a bunch or old timers that knew those cars when they were new.