News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a couple 3rd Gen's in my local junkyard!!

Started by Lightning, May 13, 2006, 02:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

well, after months of checking the 3 local junkyards (well, now 2 since one closed down to become a golf course)
I found a couple 3rd Gens among the other mopars there (and this 'yard doesn't crush it's classics since the owners bought it a year ago!)   So I might be able to trade the LeBaron for one of them, and even better news is they own another 'yard up in the Panhandle, with supposedly another couple Chargers there too!

I have some pics for y'all, but I should be able to get them up a little later today.

As for the Chargers,

one appears to be a yellow '72, with a regular dash without a tach, the interior is shot, but the real bad part about it is that it got hit in the left-front maybe possible subframe damage.  It's a hideaway headlight-optioned car too.  The fender is a write-off as is the hood, the grille might be salvage-able with a new left headlight door.  It's moderately rusty as well, and missing the taillight section

the other is a blue '73-'74, the dash is shot, as is the trunk area (the trunk was so bad it fell through), it's missing it's hood and is a small block with an automatic.  All the glass is missing as well as most of the interior. The grille is missing except for the bumper section, so I don't know if it's a hideaway-optioned car or not.

I'm not really caring about the interior since I'm going to be making a drift car out of whatever I get, which I feel is a better fate than the crusher since the shape they're in is pretty bad.

anyways, later today I should have some pics up of the Chargers and the rest of the Mopars there. If I can sometime next week, I'll get pics of the fendertags/chassistags.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

TheGhost

Quote from: Lightning 06 on May 13, 2006, 02:46:12 PM
the other is a blue '73-'74, the dash is shot, as is the trunk area (the trunk was so bad it fell through), it's missing it's hood and is a small block with an automatic.  All the glass is missing as well as most of the interior. The grille is missing except for the bumper section, so I don't know if it's a hideaway-optioned car or not.

They didn't have hideaways in 73-74, so, no, it's not.

So, let me get this straight...  You intend to trade your running, driving car, for a complete project?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

262chargers

Quote from: TheGhost on May 13, 2006, 04:16:57 PM
So, let me get this straight...  You intend to trade your running, driving car, for a complete project?

Straight out of a junk yard none the less...  ::)
Whats this "drift car" talk all about  ???

Lightning

well, it's either the Lebaron or a car that's trying to not be something it isn't.   I'm toying with the possibility of maybe going stock car racing instead

moparguy01

Quote from: Lightning 06 on May 13, 2006, 05:31:14 PM

well, it's either the Lebaron or a car that's trying to not be something it isn't.   I'm toying with the possibility of maybe going stock car racing instead

Neither a charger nor a lebaron was ever intented to be a "drift car" and if you mean drift car in the way I do beleive that you do, you are absolutely retarded doing that crap to an old mopar. Go buy a friggin honda and screw it up instead. Maybe you should give up racing and leave it to people who have an idea what they are doing.

262chargers

:haha:  :lolexplode:

I'm kind of new around here, are we talking a K-Car Lebaron?
What exactly defines a "drift car"?
Why? Why? Why?

twilt

Naw, we are talkin a deluxe 77 Lebaron 4 door. If i had it, I`d be thrilled at the chane to trade it for a 3rd gen parts car. Now my real question is why would they want to trade? most of the junkyards i go to really like CASH.   

71440charger

hey man are there any floor shift cars and where in the panhandle do the have a yard i am in panama city
The Killer Cam

Lightning

Quote from: 71440charger on May 13, 2006, 07:25:07 PM
hey man are there any floor shift cars and where in the panhandle do the have a yard i am in panama city
The yard i'm talking about is near daytona, they told me it was in the panhandle area.    As far as the idea of making it a drift car is concerned, it will NOT END UP LOOKING LIKE THOSE IMPORTS.  For those of us around here who are a bit thickheaded, perhaps think back to before you had a performance car, maybe your ideas were crazy too. 

moparguy01

Quote from: Lightning 06 on May 13, 2006, 09:08:15 PM
The yard i'm talking about is near daytona, they told me it was in the panhandle area.    As far as the idea of making it a drift car is concerned, it will NOT END UP LOOKING LIKE THOSE IMPORTS.  For those of us around here who are a bit thickheaded, perhaps think back to before you had a performance car, maybe your ideas were crazy too. 

actually no i never had dumb ideas like making a drift car out of one. I had ideas to make my car fast and look nice, which is something that I accomplished with my 64 dodge polara. and dont say "well it was a different time period then" because frankly it wasnt that long ago, just 2001.

twilt

For those of us around here who are a bit thickheaded 
[/quote

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black!

TheGhost

Quote from: twilt on May 13, 2006, 07:20:52 PM
Naw, we are talkin a deluxe 77 Lebaron 4 door. If i had it, I`d be thrilled at the chane to trade it for a 3rd gen parts car. Now my real question is why would they want to trade? most of the junkyards i go to really like CASH.   

Neither would I, IF it wasn't my only car.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

terrible one

I'm not necessarily bashing, but would just like to express my opinion. Drifting is for imports. They need to be small, light, stiff, low to the ground, etc. (From what I gather, at least.) If you havn't seen any muscle cars drifting, there has to be a reason for it. Firstly, you would probably put more money into making it a car that can actually drift than you would making a driver out of it. Secondly, it ruins the beauty and purpose of the car.

Lightning

maybe i came off harsh, sorry.   i'm just wanting to do something new with a Charger, thats all (And to beat a '69 Camaro in the process)

262chargers

A 69 Camaro drift car  ???   this keeps getting better...
Why not built a stout motor/trans combo and beat a Camaro at the drag strip, like people have been doing for the last 30 years?

Lightning

Quote from: 262chargers on May 13, 2006, 11:17:32 PM
Why not built a stout motor/trans combo and beat a Camaro at the drag strip, like people have been doing for the last 30 years?
there's more to life than drag racing...

262chargers

Quote from: Lightning 06 on May 13, 2006, 11:39:21 PM

Really? Like what?  ??? Tell me more about life...

Thanks for the advice, but you didn't answer my question...

Silver R/T

he wants to drift a charger that he might acqure, dont stop the guy. You can drift anything with skill, theres no rules that it has to be import. More power to him
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lightning

Quote from: 262chargers on May 13, 2006, 11:53:57 PM
Quote from: Lightning 06 on May 13, 2006, 11:39:21 PM

Really? Like what?  ??? Tell me more about life...

Thanks for the advice, but you didn't answer my question...

I probably will build a engine that can do so, I just wanta turn left and right while going at a high rate of speed while I'm at it.  I can probably modify the car to run at Pike's Peak at the same time...

Lightning

and now...the pics!

Lightning

that was the back of the '72, here's the front

Lightning

the interior (what's left of it) in the '72

Lightning

the front shot of the '73-'74

Lightning

last one for today, the rear shot of the same car

hemihead

The yellow one is a 71. Notice the opening in the 1/4 for the Marker Light.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin