News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar collection IA/ Vanderbrink

Started by spoolinhard, July 07, 2019, 01:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralley72

I'm planning on attending if I can get the time off work. Only couple hundred miles from me. There's a couple 71 or 2 RRs that have my attention. The Chargers possible?

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

69CoronetRT

I plan on being there Friday to document cars.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

It's not too far for me either...hopefully the 'shop' will allow me to leave!  :brickwall:

moparstuart

Quote from: Birdflu on July 09, 2019, 11:57:53 AM
It's not too far for me either...hopefully the 'shop' will allow me to leave!  :brickwall:
Where are u from  ??

TheAutoArchaeologist

I went there a few months ago and documented every single car before they moved them... for the most part.  If you guys want to get a pre-view... take a look.  These become public on Friday!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157708450852745/

Birdflu

Quote from: moparstuart on July 09, 2019, 01:09:18 PM
Quote from: Birdflu on July 09, 2019, 11:57:53 AM
Where are u from  ??

Twin Cities

moparstuart

moparstuart

Quote from: Devil on July 09, 2019, 07:44:26 PM
I went there a few months ago and documented every single car before they moved them... for the most part.  If you guys want to get a pre-view... take a look.  These become public on Friday!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157708450852745/

cool thanks ryan  for the pics  , is there a big parts stash also  ????   didnt see many loose parts   

TheAutoArchaeologist

Not that much.  You see most of it sitting out in front of the lean-to

moparstuart

:scratchchin:
Quote from: Devil on July 10, 2019, 01:31:59 PM
:scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  may not  go now   

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: moparstuart on July 10, 2019, 05:07:48 PM
:scratchchin:
:scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  may not  go now   

There was also a side barn I forgot that had parts.  but I didn't see anything that got me really excited.

spoolinhard

Are the rough cars in the last set of photos part of the collection? Just curious as to what the plum crazy charger was.

bigdsul

Has anyone bought an estate auction car similar to these cars before? From what I read on the auction site you bid on the car without having an inspection done and the money is due right away even if the car turns out to be a pile of junk.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: spoolinhard on July 13, 2019, 08:02:49 PM

Are the rough cars in the last set of photos part of the collection? Just curious as to what the plum crazy charger was.

No, sorry. I just saw those on the way home.  Just the stuff in "Day 2"

F8-4life

This guy was probably buying cars for years and he only has two 2nd gen chargers in his collection.
Kinda speaks to the availability of these cars, even years ago.

Birdflu

Quote from: F8-4life on July 14, 2019, 10:15:11 AM
This guy was probably buying cars for years and he only has two 2nd gen chargers in his collection.
Kinda speaks to the availability of these cars, even years ago.

Or his interest in them...

TheAutoArchaeologist

He would buy everything in Iowa he could find, cheap-ish.  Then do a basic fluff job on them and put them into his barns.

ralley72

Anyone make it to this auction today?

Mike

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ralley72

I was able to make it there, left when that white Corvette sold. I actually bid on a couple cars, but those cars sold for way more than I was willing to pay. Seem to me people where paying Barrett-Jackson prices for craigslist cars, (just my opinion.)

Mike

spoolinhard

Well said.

I went yesterday to look. I knew things were going to get silly so didn't go to the auction. Everything there that was shiny had mud in it. Repair panels were not used almost without exception. The most honest cars there were the unrestored rough ones.

400sforever

I thought everything went for insane prices! Makes me feel good knowing my satellites will outsell roadrunners haha
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

dreamcatcher

Well that makes me feel better about not going. I live in the Black Hills of S.D. but have kids down that way. I was going to go but (although a Mopar man) I have others as well. And was in hopes of some 69 GTO parts. Almost all these auctions I have been to are OVER PRICED PARTS CARS! I do much better buying craigslist cars or cars bought by word of mouth. Lets face it we all want fair prices for our cars and ones we buy. But it gets out of hand very quickly at an auction.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!