News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 GL pix... at local carshow in Merced... NEW PIX UP!!!

Started by Charger Aficionado, May 13, 2006, 01:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Haven't been around much...  How's stuff goin' around here?  Miss you guys! 

The GL has the work coming together on her...  I would've had the push guard on today but my welder canceled and I didn't have access to a rig...  I still have to intall my 1-piece roll-bar and the trim around the tailamps, and maybe get some chrome tips for the exhaust?  I don't like the Ca. "turn-downs"...  I did alot of detail work to her this week, and She looks SO GOOD going down the road now...  You can't tell but that front plate just STANDS OUT...  Cool stuff.  Love this car...

blackcharger

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1fine69

DUDE YOU NAILED THE STANCE! LOOKS TIGHT!  :yesnod:
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

plum500

Nice work! ...and nice pics with that Bee! :2thumbs:

d72hemi

Quote from: plum500 on May 13, 2006, 10:22:18 AM
Nice work! ...and nice pics with that Bee! :2thumbs:
look at the side marker lights. It is a 72, but I like it too. I am thinking of going the 71 R/T look on my 72 also.

Charger Aficionado

Well I just did a horrific thing...  I was taking a nap after a LONG day at the carshow, and my GF's son wakes me up and "side-swipes" me...  He is making a CRASH appearance at the prom (after no prior plan to go), and asked to use the GL...  I was half asleep and told him to use it.  He is a really responsible young kid, I hope he BABIES that car tonight...  Cross your fingers folks...

69charger2002

that first pic of that car is KILLER! looks awesome jude
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger Aficionado

mikepmcs

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on May 14, 2006, 04:12:33 PM
Check this dude out:

Jude are those 295's on the rear?, bigger?  what offset you got going on, or did you just stuff em? i just put 295's on the rear with the new 15x8.5' vectors amracing is putting out and i though i had the clearance ok cause they were about an inch  away from the springs, took the general for a ride today and looked under just now and low and behold she got some rub going on in there.  i'm guessing as i'm going down the road and hit bumps and stuff, the tire expands and contact the springs?? no rub marks on the inside of the fenders so i'm a little lost as to where they are hitting.
v/r
Mike
that car is beautiful by the way! :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger Aficionado

Tire sizes are 255-60-15 rear and 235-60-15 front, I have no clue as to the offset...   Honestly I CHEWED one rear up when I downshifted the manual valve body Automatic from a quick run...  It had DEEP gouges.  So, I bought a new set of HEMI leaf springs from themoparshop.com for $190.00, and now it's PERFECT.  The fronts scraped on the passenger side so my bodyguy took a sliver of metal from the fender...  Otherwise he could not work the metal to fit... 

mikepmcs

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on May 14, 2006, 04:45:48 PM
Tire sizes are 255-60-15 rear and 235-60-15 front, I have no clue as to the offset...   Honestly I CHEWED one rear up when I downshifted the manual valve body Automatic from a quick run...  It had DEEP gouges.  So, I bought a new set of HEMI leaf springs from themoparshop.com for $190.00, and now it's PERFECT.  The fronts scraped on the passenger side so my bodyguy took a sliver of metal from the fender...  Otherwise he could not work the metal to fit... 

thanks
i'm waiting on my 15x7's for the front right now(14's on it right now) i'm gonna try to run 245/60/15's hopefully it  won't scrape, maybe i'll have to go with a smaller sidewall, i wont know til i get em.
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger Aficionado

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

runningman

Awesome car, I am actually going to dukesfest next month (no matter how much crap I get from my buddies :)  )

BlueSS454

Is the 01, confederate flag, and GENERAL LEE painted on there or are they decals?  If they are painted, where did you get the dimensions or stencil for everything?? 
Tom Rightler

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: BlueSS454 on May 15, 2006, 09:35:26 PM
Is the 01, confederate flag, and GENERAL LEE painted on there or are they decals?  If they are painted, where did you get the dimensions or stencil for everything?? 

They are painted...  I purchased the complete "Correct" set of decals from eBay, then gave them to the airbrush guy...

BlueSS454

Would I be correct in guessing that the base orange was already layed down and was it a base/clear paint?  Thanks for the info!
Tom Rightler

AirborneSilva

LivedodgeItaly

very very cool 'n'sweet "machine"...you lucky guy!!!!

Andrea

Charger Aficionado

limey

That is an awesome looking General... :drool5: :drool5:

I absolutley love the stance....I'm getting you right in saying that those tires won't fit with the standards springs?
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

mikepmcs

Quote from: limey on May 17, 2006, 04:21:00 AM
That is an awesome looking General... :drool5: :drool5:

I absolutley love the stance....I'm getting you right in saying that those tires won't fit with the standards springs?
Limey

i have standard  mopar hd springs and i stuffed 295/50's under the rear with an inch to spare before contacting springs.  i got a little rub but i'll be darn if i can see where it rubbed.  it's not bad and guessing it's just when i load the tires up and normal expanding and contracting over bumps and such.  you could probably get away with 285 0r 275 and wouldn't have an issue.  Charger Aff has 255's in his rear og his GL01 above, no way they are rubbing and his car looks mint.  I just like big fat tires!

v/r
Mike

limey

I just love the look... A lot of people go for the Drag look, with fatties out back and the skinny wheels , but I love to see the front wheelhouse stuffed like that. As I've said before, I'm keen to get new wheels and tyres, but don't want to find myself looking at a host of mods to get them on....it sounds from ChargerAficianado's post that he wrecked a 255/50 R15 until he modded his springs..or did I not read him right?

Feeling a bit stupid today...brain working in frist gear......revving very high, but very little output.... ;)
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

mikepmcs

Quote from: limey on May 17, 2006, 07:44:31 AM
I just love the look... A lot of people go for the Drag look, with fatties out back and the skinny wheels , but I love to see the front wheelhouse stuffed like that. As I've said before, I'm keen to get new wheels and tyres, but don't want to find myself looking at a host of mods to get them on....it sounds from ChargerAficianado's post that he wrecked a 255/50 R15 until he modded his springs..or did I not read him right?

Feeling a bit stupid today...brain working in frist gear......revving very high, but very little output.... ;)
Limey

Nope i think you are right on! it might be me that's a llittle slow.  i just read it about 5 more times and it looks to be like you said, he chewed it up while downshifting, but i don't see how that could happen on a 255 in the rear. he might be lower in the back but i have the same springs an i just replaced em myself.  now i'm confused, we'll wait for his explanation as to how the tire got chewed up by his previous springs i guess,
v/r
Mike