News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG Classic dash pad

Started by grampa69, June 29, 2019, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampa69

I bought PG Classic upper door pads and dash pad. Less than 1 year after car completed and dash pad is coming apart on the windshield side. Contacted PG and they didn't seem surprised at all, refused to attempt to help in any way. Tan color.

Bronzedodge

Nothing worse than bad reproduction junk.  Maybe Just Dashes?
Mopar forever!

Mike DC

Birdflu

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 30, 2019, 02:10:41 PM

Got any pics?

Yes please! I've got a new PG Classic dash pad waiting to be installed in Mama's Roadrunner.  :-\

69bfan

Check out the dash pads from ABC Moparts, Bob recovers the factory metal cores and they are the correct length.  Grain pattern is slightly off, but you would have to know the cars really well to detect the difference in the grain pattern.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

krops cars

I sent my old one in and had it redone for $80.00

Lennard

Quote from: krops cars on July 01, 2019, 08:56:54 AM
I sent my old one in and had it redone for $80.00
Who did it and does it look like the original?

krops cars

Looks great. I will dig it up and get back to you.

Lennard

green69rt

I used this one from Classic Industries.   I thought it was pretty good but not perfect.  Grain was really close to my old one.  Biggest problem I had was that the grove that the dash metal flange sets in was filled with overflow fabric and foam.  I must have spent a couple of hours digging it all out.  I would dig some then test it on my dash to make sure it fit snugly.  When test fitting, make sure you include installing the A pillar fascia.  I had a bugger of a time getting that fascia to mate to the dash pad close enough to look good.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/mb529100.html

I don't know who makes it, seems like few (or one) manufacturers and lots of sellers.

But.... $80 to get your frame recovered, sounds hard to beat if it turns out well.

krops cars

I could not find my receipt for my dash pad. I will figure it out by the end of the day.

Lennard

Quote from: krops cars on July 08, 2019, 08:55:19 AM
I could not find my receipt for my dash pad. I will figure it out by the end of the day.
Okay  :thumbs:

krops cars

I found out who did my dash pad. I was way off on the price according to him.$229.00 to have yours done. Abs ones for $189.00 The place is dash pros. Sorry about the price screw up. Mine looks awesome.

Lennard

Thanks for the info.  Pretty big difference between $80 and $229. :lol:

krops cars

Yes, I really thought that I paid $80.00. Wish I could find the receipt.

AKcharger

Still better than just dashes I think they want like $700

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

birdsandbees

Do you know if dashpadpros are correct in detail and grain pattern for 69/70? I know for fact PG Classics had the grain and no detail... Legendary had the detail and no grain.. it would be SO great to find someone that has BOTH correct!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487