News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Shows

Started by ChargerRT440, May 11, 2006, 05:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

I'm going to enter my truck(1998 Dodge Ram SST Black with silver stripes)in a mopar show in June up here In Saskatchewan. I was hoping to get suggestions on how I can show my truck off better like how safe I should feel with like my windows down and the hood poped etc. Anything of real interest to show people.

mikepmcs

it's a show so most people respect others treasures.  i always like to see the hood popped,   just make sure the engine bay is clean, windows down is cool. maybe disconnect the battery so you can leave a door(s) open that way people don't have to lean on your ride or touch it to look inside. wouldn't worry too much.
i'll be doing the same thing here in maine in june, with my GL and Jim Shines GL hopefully next to each other, and also my pro street 55 Chevy. I'm worried about the 55 cause I don't think my cars will be allowed next to one another due to class differences but I want to hang out with Jim and my GL all day so i'll get someone else to hawk my other ride for me.
good luck
r/Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

67RedCharger

Quote from: ChargerRT440 on May 11, 2006, 05:06:10 PM
I'm going to enter my truck(1998 Dodge Ram SST Black with silver stripes)in a mopar show in June up here In Saskatchewan. I was hoping to get suggestions on how I can show my truck off better like how safe I should feel with like my windows down and the hood poped etc. Anything of real interest to show people.

You asked, and I'll respond to your question of anything of real interest to show people?  I don't think so.  The truck is still under warranty for one thing, so getting parts is no problem.  Maybe I should enter my 83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Avenue in a car show although it ain't a classic YET, and certainly your truck ain't a classic either.
Geez!   :stirthepot:

Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

mikepmcs

Quote from: 67RedCharger on May 11, 2006, 06:15:03 PM

You asked, and I'll respond to your question of anything of real interest to show people?  I don't think so.  The truck is still under warranty for one thing, so getting parts is no problem.  Maybe I should enter my 83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Avenue in a car show although it ain't a classic YET, and certainly your truck ain't a classic either.
Geez!   :stirthepot:

that's a little harsh, i wouldn't mind seeing your chrysler ny either cause i used to work on em'  i just think as long as it's clean most people appreciate that alone, let the guy have some fun for crimany sake.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ChargerRT440

wow thanks. Considering my truck is a model that ran for two years (97-98) and is 1 of 2500 for the 98 year  i think it's not just a regular truck. Considering your new yorkers one of maybe 500,000 theres no comparison. And no theres no warrenty I have to pay for my work just like everyone else. So really unless you have anything constructive to say butt out. This being the first time 've talked to you, you've made a very crappy first impression and think you should rethink your stance on how to talk to people. I may be 17 but I'm no dumby. Sorry that I take pride in the fact I'm paying for this car from my own pocket with my own well deserved money that I work hard for.

67RedCharger

Quote from: ChargerRT440 on May 11, 2006, 11:57:42 PM
wow thanks.  I may be 17 but I'm no dumby.
<-----  it is spelled "dummy"      Duuu !
:violin:

Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

Silver R/T

well I wouldnt show truck. maybe take it to truck show. What have you done to it, what upgrades? Would you mind posting some pictures. No offense, but most people wouldnt be impressed with newer Ram truck while there's plenty of classic mopars sitting around
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

Hey man its your ride if your proud of it and you want to pay the $10-$25 to show it you go.  I go to a lot of little local car shows (kinda my weekly entertainment)  I see people all the time with cars I have little or no interest in, and you know what, I don't stand around looking them over, but I don't bad mouth them either (at least not in ear shot).  Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy the show.  At most juged shows you are required to have hood open windows at least partially up to show you have glass, trunks open if that applies.  Show boards, sales adds, window stickers, models of the vehicle, help the display and draw some attention but shouldnt affect judging. again good luck!   
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Recharger

Quote from: 67RedCharger on May 12, 2006, 07:51:51 AM
Quote from: ChargerRT440 on May 11, 2006, 11:57:42 PM
wow thanks.  I may be 17 but I'm no dumby.

It's spelled "duh."   :rotz:

Lightning

when does a car become a classic anyway? isn't it supposed to be 20 years? or is it 30 now?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blown70

IF you are proud of the vehicle then enter it.  Personally,  I do not look at newer cars, trucks, etc. a lot when I go to a show.  But guess what, that is me.  Not all old cars turn my crank either.

Your call, but like everything not everyone will be as proud of your vehicle as you are, you have a personal connection to the truck.

ENJOY.

Tom

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

B5 Charger

Give the guy a break he's proud of his truck and wants to show it.  What should that matter to you?  At least he's not entering some Mitsubishi with a four-foot rear spoiler and a fart-can muffler.   ::)

BigBlackDodge

No where does he state he entering in a 'classic' car show. Cut'em some slack. It's a Mopar show and last I checked a '98 Ram is a mopar.......right?

BBD

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 67RedCharger on May 12, 2006, 07:51:51 AM

Jeeze Don, your class is showing.  Trophy whore that you are, why should you care?

Power to ya' and showing your SST.  I wanted one back when they came out. 
They wouldn't have newer truck classes at "classic car shows" if they weren't expecting participants.

If you're gonna open the hood, and you have to, clean it up in there.  No one wants to go to a show and look at a daily driver lookin', filthy engine bay.  I think you have aluminum wheels with the SST, pull them off and clean and polish the insides of the wheels and armor all the insides of the tires as well as the outsides.  While the wheels are off, detail your wheel wells.  Make it look new!
Whatever you do, don't show up and armor all the tires while you're there and leave 4 little marks on the asphalt, it shows that you're a newbie.

I have no qualms with having all my windows down and everything opened up.  Gearheads look out for each other and most pay attention to who is driving what when it parks.  Someone different leaving in the middle of the show would be sure to raise flags, IMO.  Especially if you come running after it.  :devil:

ChargerRT440

Thanks to all that replyed with nice comments. to the rest fack off. I'm 17 I'm proud of the truck I'm paying for. And so what if it's not a classic. It's still Mopar it's got a 360 with 250 hp and it's small and light not your typical daily driver pickup truck so whatever. Yeah I'd rather it be a charger but It's what i can afford and what makes me happy so if you don't like it keep your trap shut.

ChargerRT440

BrianShaughnessy

Good luck.  Enjoy.  Bring a chair and cooler and hang out.   

A lot of car shows around here have a rolling 25 year cutoff.   This year anything up to '80 is OK.   
I think it could be 10, 15 or even 20 years maybe but that's not my rules.   For insurance purposes, a classic is now about 15 years. 

Just as long as a show doesn't hand over best of show to some dickhead that brings a new vette  :flame:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ChargerRT440

I emailed the guys who put on the show and they said bring her on down  :icon_smile_big: no restrictions on registration fees just a good old small town mopar fest. Can anyone help me out with how to make it look like I'm not a newb to showing off a car? I have to drive 3 hours to the show and I don't know how I'll keep the truck clean. First I need new tires for the back(smoked mine all gone lol) and I need some new cleaning supplies I'm thinking turtle wax ice polish(love the turtle wax so nice) and I've got some mothers back to black and wheel polish I've got the new turtle wax I think it's something 21 cleaner with nano technology and I've got febreeze( the good stuff thats not such a strong smell) and I'm gonna make a sign. Maybe a model of my truck to. Anything anyone thinks I should make sure I have. I need to make a checklist to

Bullit_68

It,s a cool truck and it,s a mopar i say you should take it to the show and enjoy it.Im sure there,s alot of people out there that like those trucks i know i do and you are proud of it so go and have a good time.

41husk

some body on here turned me on to Zaino car care products and They are great.  you have to order on line but they have very fast delivery 1 or 2 days max and you will love the results.  Nice truck by the way!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

I don't remember who it was but I am hooked thats all I use now the paint looks like a sheet of glass.  A little pricey but I believe it is well worth it.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Orange_Crush

Its a car show.  Remember that there is, in all likelihood, a much more desirable car two rows away...or at least a car with much more desireable parts on it.  Case in point...a friend was showing his '67 Dart at a car show.  when he came back to it, the doors were locked and all the windows were rolled up.  He asked around and it turns out that another '67 dart owner had done it, why?  Well, his steering wheel was a one-year-only '67 wheel worth a thousand bucks or so.  The horn button alone was worth a mint (and very easily and quickly removed).  My point it, at a show, chances are someone will be looking out for your car so just don't leave anything valuable in it and you'll be fine.

As far as showing your truck?  Well...my rule of thumb is, if Hagerty won't insure it then it shouldn't be at a car show.  I, however, don't make the rules so If I don't want to see your car, I'll just look at something else...problem solved.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Brock Samson

i think it's cool your so excited about a show and will drive 300 miles to a show,..

i think you should be proud and keep it simple with the display thing... if you could get four little ramps and drive her (?) up on them and have a little step so folks could peer inside and see you super shiney int. that might be cool...
yeah bring a lawn chair and a cooler filled up with enuff to share... and a cool hat and sunglasses,..

A newbie mistake i made at my first show, was i blasted my cheap radio all day long, which killed the battery..
got an awful sunburn hanging out for six hrs. in 100 degree heat... with out any shade, hat or sunscreen,..
  and left a puddle of tranny fluid,.. oil..  and armor-all... which is crap by the way,.. Try the Zaino polish and wax,.. it smells so good you could wear it on a date..  :icon_smile_wink: