News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best factory LA heads?

Started by Lightning, May 10, 2006, 01:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

since I'm actually starting my project tomarrow, I was wondering what the best factory LA heads were.(Besides the Magnums)  I've heard the swirl ports(308s?) were, but what about the others?                the engine package I'm trying for is going to be a stroker 318/360, so im trying to go somewhat cheap for now.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Chryco Psycho

in my experience the 308 s will make the best power , even over ported X or J castings , But I do port the 308 to get maximum results

Lightning

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 10, 2006, 03:45:47 AM
in my experience the 308 s will make the best power , even over ported X or J castings , But I do port the 308 to get maximum results
so the 308s came in the later model 5th Avenue's, Gran Fury's, Diplomats, and trucks, right?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Chryco Psycho

87 - 92 , I get them from trucks , 360 only , cars may have had them as well 

max

i have no experiance with the 308's but i have heard they are prone to cracking so if you find a set have them checked out before you put any serious money into them.

Chryco Psycho

they can crack between the seats , it is an easy fix though , they are often cracked on trucks that were worked hard most of their life lioke school buses & city delivery truck? vans