News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tunnel Ram on a -75 360 block?

Started by Reidar, May 15, 2006, 03:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reidar

Hi guys!

I just got home from my first ever experience on the drag-strip! It was great! :)
Used my -68 Charger in the bracket-class. (1/8 mile) Best time was 9.4 sec. Without slicks and with a trans that needs an overhaul I think thats pretty ok.. (Had to drive only in D..)
I actually got to the final! Lost it but became runner up. If anyone interested pics and some movies can be found on www.dodgecharger.no

Well back to the question!
I found out that I want to drive more races, but I want to keep my -68 as original and safe as possible.. So I was thinking that I could use my -75 Charger instead!
But that means that it needs an overhaul and a lot of new parts..
I found this http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2DCWND310&N=%2D59186+%2D59197+%2D42229+115&autoview=sku on summitracing.com.
What do ou guys think about this setup? I realise that i have to do more with the engine to accomodate this, but what should i keep in mind?

Any tips and advice would be great!

Regards, Reidar

Plumcrazy

Stick with a single four barrel carb.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

I agree , you can make as much power & retain drivability with the newer intakes & 4 bbls

Reidar

I guess you are right.. After some more research the effect just isnt what i thaught..

But tunnel-ram LOOKS really cool! ;)

Thanks for your advice!

Reidar

max

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 17, 2006, 01:46:12 AM
I agree , you can make as much power & retain drivability with the newer intakes & 4 bbls

i agree as well, the tunnel ram is eye candy but it will be a pain to tune in.

Chryco Psycho

actually they work OK , my friend had one on his Demon & it worked well even in traffic etc , but he used eddy carbs so the socondaries rarely if ever oppened so it became a glorified 4 bbl intake , it even worked in the the 1/4 mile but with an M! single plane & a Holey carb it ran the same ET & was just as drivable