News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Washer Fluid Reservoir - Mounting Hardware

Started by Shakey, May 09, 2006, 10:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Does anoyone know the correct mounting hardware used to mount the washer container on the inner fender?

I had a reference photo and of course the one I needed, the flash went off and is of no use.

I am guessing a Phillips head screw but would like to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

roger01

yep a phillips...kinda has a fat head on it  ......nothing compares to our robertson screws though   :icon_smile_big:and we know where there made ...right shakey

Shakey

Quote from: roger01 on May 09, 2006, 03:01:57 PM
yep a phillips...kinda has a fat head on it  ......nothing compares to our robertson screws though   :icon_smile_big:and we know where there made ...right shakey

Yes I know, not too far from home...

Did you know:

That Mr. Robertson had an agreement with Mr. Ford to use his screws on Ford's cars waaaaaay back when, and when Mr. Ford wanted the rights to this new and improved screwdriver, Robertson said no.  So, Ford went and spoke to Mr. Phillips and he said yes. 

The rest they say, is history.

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of Mr. Phillips' product for this particular application would you Mr. Roger?    :D

How about someone else?

Thanks.

grek

roger01/ shakey,

Where are you guys located?  Are you in central PA?
That's where I'm from.

Grek.

grek

roger01/ shakey,

Disregard my previous question.  Shakey- I checked your profile and see that you're from ON.  I was thinking you were from Phillipsburg PA based on your statements regarding the screws.  I was told this is where the original phillips head screw was invented.

Grek

Shakey

Quote from: grek on May 09, 2006, 07:43:36 PM
roger01/ shakey,

Disregard my previous question.  Shakey- I checked your profile and see that you're from ON.  I was thinking you were from Phillipsburg PA based on your statements regarding the screws.  I was told this is where the original phillips head screw was invented.

Grek

Perhaps they were.   :shruggy:

The Robertson screwdrivers were invented in Canada, not too far from home.  Been to PA many times, loved it.  A lot like ON only with some mountains.  Sorry, but I can't stand the Flyers.   :D

grek

Shakey,

I'm not a Flyers fan however a Pens fan.  Unfortunately, the Pens are not doing that great.

Grek

JimShine

The screw is a #8X 1/2" pan head self drilling sheet metal screw with a built in washer. I ordered what I thought was a set from Year one for $3 or something and only got one screw. I brought it down to the hardware store, matched up the screw and the washer and bought packs of 100 for $5 or something. The screws will come in handy in a few other areas too.

Shakey

Quote from: JimShine on May 11, 2006, 09:14:00 AM
The screw is a #8X 1/2" pan head self drilling sheet metal screw with a built in washer. I ordered what I thought was a set from Year one for $3 or something and only got one screw. I brought it down to the hardware store, matched up the screw and the washer and bought packs of 100 for $5 or something. The screws will come in handy in a few other areas too.

Thank you Jim!  You came through just in time as my weekend starts at about 10:00 AM tomorow and this install is on my list of things to do.

Great info.  Thanks again.

gtx6970

The screw is a #8X 1/2" pan head self drilling sheet metal screw with a built in washer.

Incorrect, the correct screw is a #10 - pan head phillips 1/2" long with a 1/2" free spinning captive washer - clear zink plated. Although some have been found to have a black zink plating.

mikepmcs

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 17, 2006, 07:47:20 PM
The screw is a #8X 1/2" pan head self drilling sheet metal screw with a built in washer.

Incorrect, the correct screw is a #10 - pan head phillips 1/2" long with a 1/2" free spinning captive washer - clear zink plated. Although some have been found to have a black zink plating.

ok fine thanks but you neglected to tell him where to get them.  i'd like to know too cause you ain't gonna pick that up at the HD or Lowe's
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

8WHEELER

All of my 68's were and are a low gloss black.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Shakey

It looks as though these screws where used elsewhere on the car.  They seem to be the same ones used to hold the filler neck seal in place in the trunk floor.  Luckily I have a few extras around from scrounging the salvage yards and used these this past weekend when I installed the washer bottle I purchased from you Bill.  I also installed the heater hose support bracket and the rear differential ID tags.

Thanks once again!   :thumbs:  Glad to see you here.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I had to use the next size up screw and add my own washer.....my holes were egged out and the smaller screws wouldnt fit.

Dont tell anyone OK? ;)

PS----car is looking good Mike
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 18, 2006, 08:32:57 AM

You Chris, are playing a major role in this restoration!  I can't count the times that your photos and advice have helped us along the way.  Many thanks to you!

66ragtop

washer reservoir, trunk floor filler neck seal,  floor console mounting (these are always black though), Rear body to rear bumper rubber block on dusters and demons, grilles on early 70's trucks just to name a few I can actually think of right now.
Need Beer!  66 coronet 440 convertible, 99 ram 2500 cummins, 99 plymouth breeze, Dog (Bree) Ameri-Camp 32 ft. travel trailer (hence cummins)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Shakey on May 18, 2006, 08:53:16 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 18, 2006, 08:32:57 AM

You Chris, are playing a major role in this restoration! I can't count the times that your photos and advice have helped us along the way. Many thanks to you!

Thats what this place is for bro....learning & helping others.  im learning a lot every day myself.

PS---this means I get a ride in the car when you make it down to Carlisle right :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 17, 2006, 07:47:20 PM

Someone better tell Year One their washer mounting screws are incorrect. I matched it up dead on to what they sent me two years ago.