News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fenton GYRO Racing Wheels

Started by oldcarnut, August 26, 2008, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I was taking the slotted mags off the 70 RR I recently bought to see about getting some new tires to replaced the bias ply tires.  Three of them are 14 x 6 and have what looks like the inside rim edge extended out some (thicker) with a groove and the other two 14 x 7 do not.  All 5 have Gyro racing rims by Fenton cast in them and SEMA approved emblems and statements cast in them too.  They look like old alum slotted mags to me but I don't recall the Fenton name or Gyro from back in day.  Are they just everyday rims  or something a little different?  :shruggy:

oldcarnut

Searched on ebay and found a cheby wheel like it but the wheel lip has me a little puzzed.  I don't see it on this one but its a 14 x 7 too.  Maybe its only on the 6"ers.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fenton-Gyro-Racing-Wheel-14-X-7-Chevy-Bolt-Pattern_W0QQitemZ230285084167QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230285084167&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Troy

I Googled it and found some info:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153786

Seems like maybe just another old brand of custom wheels. :shruggy:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

I remember Fenton wheels but I can't recall the Gyro.  That either means I'm older than I think or they were around longer than the 60's.  :-\

oldcarnut

Thanks for the input guys  :cheers:.  I'm taking the tires off today and gonna polish them up some.  After that they're gonna go on the 70 Challenger and the rims/tires from the Challenger are going for use on my SB clone.  I'll check around some to see what's the best alum mag polish to use. I use to have a set of ET slots like these on my Charger back in the 70's
David