News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Think This Guy Had A Death Wish

Started by Darkness, May 09, 2006, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness

Right from the state of North Dakota. This guy follows a second from the guy from Minnesota who was clocked even higher I believe. I wonder if they're related. Anyways, here's a link to the article and the article copy & pasted for the lazy ones ;D :

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/05/09/news/local/114394.txt

The North Dakota Highway Patrol believes it may have a new speeding record. Capt. Mark Bethke said Vitaliy Poberezchnik, 19, was about 10 miles east of Bismarck on Interstate 94 Friday when he was clocked at 176 mph on his motorcycle. "That's probably the highest we've ever had," Bethke said.
He said Poberezchnik turned his 2006 Suzuki back toward Bismarck at the McKenzie interchange. A trooper was waiting for him on Highway 10, Bethke said. Bethke did not know if Poberezchnik was wearing a helmet. Poberezchnik also was charged with reckless driving and received a $505 ticket, Bethke said. Bethke said Poberezchnik has 14 days to pay the fine and is slated to appear in court on June 6 on the reckless driving charge. Poberezchnik, of Lincoln, was not available for comment.

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Blown70

WOW.  Now that is just silly. 

Not like I did anything silly in my younger days.... ;D

Darkness

Yeah but, this is now on Interstate 94. I'm glad I wasn't anywhere around him.

moparguy01

i know of a few people that have past that magical 160 mark on motorcycles before........

not that i would do that..........

Darkness

Not hard to do on a lot of these newer crotch rockets. However, I don't think I would want to do that though.

Arthu®

Without a helmet? I doubt that as you would have your face covered in a layer of bugs if you were doing 176mph on a bike this time a year. He would at least have a pair of glasses on. But anyways 176mph is pretty fast, pretty foolish as well. But I can understand why he did it. It is probably the only reason why I am not yet getting my licence. You would probably have to scrape me off the tarmac within a year. Not because of how I drive but probably more because of how other people drive. Still you have pretty good bragging right for being caught doing 176mph on a bike, too bad for him that he got caught though. Btw only $505 for that kind of speeding ticket? I just payed $180 for a ticket for doing 82km/h in a 50km/h zone so that is 20mph too fast. Wonder what he is getting for the wreckless driving charge though.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Charger74

Do over a hundred in Arizona and they will yank you license, possibly permanently.   That said, for him was probably fun, stupid as hell but fun.  I grew up with a friend who did stuff like that on a daily basis, sometimes after drinking most of the night.  Not condoning it, but at least he wore a helmet.  But heck for that kind of fine, whoooppee.